Thursday, May 20, 2021

Sri Ramacharitha Manas – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Bala Kanda – The grief of Devi Mena

 


Chapter – 95– Sri Ramacharitha Manas – Bala Kanda – The grief of Devi Mena

 

Devi Mena wept bitterly “How strange that the Bhrama created the most beautiful female child in the Universe and also created a dreadful mendicant as a groom, a fruit that should adorn the wish-fulfilling tree ordained to hang in the thorny Babula tree. I won’t let this happen to my lovely daughter, I would prefer to kill myself and my child, I would set fire on myself keeping you in my arms, I would prefer to jump down from the mountain peak, I would prefer to jump in the ocean and gave away my life and my daughter’s. I do not care about what the world has to talk about me, or my family, let my home doom into despair, I won’t let this marriage take place, I won’t let my daughter marry a mendicant while I am alive.” All the ladies surrounded Mena became distressed watching the devastated state of Devi Mena, soon the entire atmosphere of joy turned into utter despair, Devi Mena continued to shed tears uttering “What did we do to Maharishi Narada to put us in utter dismay? He ruined my family and daughter’s life, advised her to undertake extreme penance to achieve a mendicant as a wedded husband. Usually, the ascetics are passionless, merciful, abandoned interest in worldly matters, possession, family, wealth. But Maharishi Narada intentionally destroyed my family. He is free to travel three worlds at his own will, has no shame or fear. What does a barren know the pain of childbirth?”. Devi Bhavani regained composure, and approached her mother who is utterly miserable “Oh! Mother, whatever destined to happen cannot be overruled, hence do not worry about it, Oh! Mother, If I was destined to marry a mendicant why should you blame others for it? Kindly accept whatever comes on your way.”


Kasa Keenha Baru  Bairaha Bidhi Jehi  Thmhahi Sundharatha Dhayi | Jo Phalu Chahia Surutharuhi So  Barbasa Baburahi Lagayi || Thumha Sahitha Giri The  Girau Pavak Jarau Jalanidhi Mahu Parai | Dharu Jau Apajasu Hoau Jaga Jeevath Bibahu Na Hau Karau ||

Bhayi Bikala Abala Sakala Dhukhitha Dhekhi Girinari | Kari  Bilapu Rodhathi Badhathi Sutha Sanehu Sambhari ||

Narada Kar Mei Kaha Bigara | Bhavanu Mor Jinha Basath Ujara || Asa  Upadheshu Umahi Jinha Dheenha | Baire Barahi Lagi Thapu Keenha || Sachehu Unha  Ke Moha Na  Maya | Udhaseena Dhanu Dhamu Na Jaya || Para Dhara Dhalak Laja Na Bheera | Banjj Ki  Jana Pravasa Kai Peera || Jananihi Bikala Biloki Bhavani | Boli Jutha Bibeka Mridhu Bani || Asa Bichari Sochahi Mathi  Matha | So Na  Darayi Jo Rachayi Bidhatha || Karama Likha Jau Baura Nahu | Thau Katha  Dhosu Lagayia Kahu || Thumha San Mitahi Ki  Bidhi Ke Anka | Mathu Byarththa Jani Lehu Kalanka ||

No comments:

Post a Comment