Wednesday, June 10, 2020




||Sri Ram Jeyram Jay Jay Ram ||

Chapter – 13 – Ayodhya Kandam

Rama's advice to Janaki /Rama's conversation with Lakshman

Devi Sita speaks “Oh! Swami, I will not experience tiredness while moving through the woods closely watching your feet, serve my dearest husband relentlessly and forget my tiredness, I can remove your exhaustion, wash your lotus feet, fan your perspiration and we can take shelter under the shades of the trees. I won’t get time to grieve over the troubles, serving your charming body, and removing the perspiration would make me forget about my exhaustion. Oh! Natha, I am your sincere attendant could massage your lotus feet and take pleasure in it, while you relax on the bed made of grass and leaves, watching your lovely appearance would remove my tiredness from the scorching heat and the wind. None would have the courage to look at me while I live with you, I shall remain lioness before the rabbit and the fox. I have born to serve you, won’t it be a quirk of fate taking pleasure in the royal comforts when I am young and my husband going through various hardships in the forest and undertaking austerities and penances? My heart is too hard, that is why it did not explode after listening words of separation from you, and therefore this unfortunate woman would surpass the long years of pain of separation from my dearest husband.”



Devi Sita became inconsolable; she could not bear the words of the pain of separation from her husband.  Immediately, Raghupathi realized that if he did leave Devi Sita against her will in the palace, she could not stay alive. The compassionate Lord Raghunatha spoke “ Oh! Devi, you need not grieve, you can follow me to the woods.  This is not the time to grieve, therefore get ready to leave to the forest.” Rama pacified Devi Sita, and both of them fallen at the feet of Devi Kausalya and received her blessings. Devi Kausalya spoke “Oh! Vathsa, return home safely after the Vanavasa and remove the grief of the people, do not forget your mother’s love. Oh! Bhagavan, when did I see this beautiful couple again in my life? Will I be alive to watch this marvelous face like the moon? When did I address my son affectionately as ‘Vathsa’ ‘Dear Child’ ‘Oh! Raghuvara, Oh! Raghupathi, Oh! Thatha,’? When did I get the opportunity to embrace my dear children?” in this way, Devi Kausalya shed tears of extreme grief, was pacified by Rama.



Devi Janaki fell at the feet of mother-in-law and spoke “ Oh! Mother, I am an unfortunate one, I have to serve you in the absence of your elder son, but God has some other plans for us, sending me for Vanavasa. Kindly do not get angry, continue to shower your love on me.  Fate is harsh sometimes, cannot blame anyone.” Devi Kausalya could not bear the grief of her daughter-in-law, she repeatedly embraced her, and advised her “Long live your chastity, like the sacred river Ganga and Yamuna on the Earth, let it continue to flow on Earth for several thousand years.”Devi Kausalya blessed Devi Sita and advised her about the life of chaste woman, and Devi Sita reverentially prostrated before her feet and returned to their chamber.



Lakshmana hurried to Rama after hearing the thunderbolt like news about Vanavasa of Rama, his body was quivering in rage, his eyes welled up in tears, and he fell at the feet of Rama with intense grief. He was troubled like the fish out of water, could not speak a word, stood like a portrait. There were thousands of questions raised in his mind “My good fortune and happiness have ended, do not know what did Rama advise? Did Raghunatha leave me in the palace? Or will he advise me to accompany him?” Rama who has abandoned the family and the royal comforts as grass, a man of good moral values, the abode of happiness, graciousness, simplicity, generosity, love, kindness, watched Lakshmana standing with folded hands, and spoke “Oh! my beloved brother, do not leave your control of mind due to love for me, you should understand one thing, everything will end happily. Whoever sincerely follows the advice of father, mother, preceptor, companions, and Lord, will attain success in their lives, otherwise, life would become miserable. Oh! Brother, always remember my words, you have to serve our parents sincerely. Bharatha and Shathrughna are not at home. Our father has become too old and too anxious about me. If I have taken you to the forest with me, it would be an injustice to the people of Ayodhya, my preceptor, parents, and all.  They could not control their disappointments and grief. Oh! Brother, you have to take good care of everyone and live in the palace; otherwise, our clan has to undergo punishment for the grave sin. The King who heaves the people of his Kingdom to troubles deserved to be in hell. Therefore you have to live in the palace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment