Saturday, June 20, 2020



||Sri Ram Jeyram Jay Jay Ram ||

 

Chapter – 45– Ayodhya Kandam


Bharatha's marvelous speech before Rama


The people of Ayodhya shrunk in deep distress like the ice-covered lotus flowers. The illustrious Rishis and Sages described various legends from scriptures and elevated them from grief. Raghunandan who is a lustrous moon to the cluster of lotus flowers of Raghu clan spoke “Oh! Dear brother, you are unnecessarily putting yourself into grief, understand the destiny of the creatures are pre-written by the supreme Lord, you are the highly fortunate one, people who keep enmity to you will undergo afflictions on the Earth and in Paraloka as well. Whoever blames Devi Kaikeyi is dull-minded, never approached preceptor or saintly men in their lives. The recitation of your sacred names would remove all the fears of worldly existence, sins, and all inauspiciousness as well. The remembrance of your name would provide good fame while living on the Earth, and welfare in the afterlife. Oh! Bharatha, I promise on Lord Shiva, this Universe exists because of your righteousness and devotion, and it is the naked truth, Oh! Dear brother, do not put you into grief.  The sense of enmity and love cannot be forgotten, the birds and animals get closer to the saintly people, but when it approaches by a hunter it starts to flee away, therefore even the animals and birds clearly understand friends and enemies. It is nothing to talk about humans who are the storehouse of virtues and wisdom. Oh! Dear brother, I know you very well, but I am in dilemma, I have to follow the command of our father who left his mortal coil keeping his words to Mother Kaikeyi, I am liable to follow his command, I cannot disrespect his words, it would put me in deep distress. I am equally worried about you, moreover, my preceptor had given me the order, and I am willing to follow your instructions. Oh! Bharatha, tell me your wish with a pleasant face, I will follow your words.”

 


Lord Indra and deities got anxious, and worried about their welfare, and became restless. They heartily took shelter in Rama, they kept remembering Raghupathi who is Bhakthaparadheena, they remembered the legend of Ambareesha and Dhurvassa and put themselves into deep distress. They remembered supreme Lord took the form of Narahari to please the demon child Prahaladha, they felt discouraged and bet on their heads, and whispered to each other “Now, the deities welfare is in the hands of Bharatha. Rama always promising to his devotees, he never discourages them, therefore we can sincerely pray to Bharatha who is the sincere devotee of Rama.” Sage Bhrihaspathi said “It is appropriate, you all are highly fortunate, the devotion to the feet of Bharatha would bring all the auspiciousness and welfare. The worship of the devotee of Seethapathi is equivalent to the worship of hundreds of Kamadhenu. The worship of Bharatha would bring success to you, need not get grieve over things, and the supreme Lord will fulfill your desires. Oh! Devendra, Raghava is completely under the persuasion of Bharatha, see the splendor of Bharatha, therefore understand Bharatha is an image of Ramachandhra and worship him with intense devotion and faith.” The Supreme Lord who is Sarvantharyami listened to the conversation of Sage Bhrihaspathi and the deities became restless. Bharatha understood the graciousness of his elder brother and decided to follow his decisions; he remembered Seethapathi has showered an abundance of love and goodness to all, leaving his promises and austerities.

 


Bharatha stood with folded hands and spoke “Oh! Bhagavan, who is all-pervasive, resides as a soul in living beings, compassionate, ocean of mercy, my heart is completely relieved from grief, my preceptor and you are most promising to me. I have been haunted by my own redundant thoughts; I am responsible for all my grief. If anyone chooses the wrong path cannot put blame on Surya. It was my mother’s wickedness, my bad luck, destiny, and time had pushed me into deep distress. You have protected me with your usual pleasant nature because you are Ashrithavathsala. The Veda and scriptures eulogize your magnanimity, you are Kalpavrukhsa. Oh! Swami, your nature is independent, whoever takes shelter under the Kalpavruksha would get relieved from their sorrows, it never looks for the nature of the people, who ask for boon would attain the desired results, even if he is a King, or beggar, deceitful or virtuous.”

 


Bharatha continues “Oh! Karunakara, I have understood my preceptors, and my Prabhu Rama is most promising and kind to me, therefore all my anxiousness has gone, I do not have any misconceptions. Oh! Prabho, kindly do whatever you please to make us happy. A servant who sincerely serve his Master, leaving his comforts and greed, would attain piousness, he should not persuade Master for his personal motive, won’t be considered as a good servant. Oh! Prabhu, if you return to the city of the Ayodhya, all the people will get benefited. If we follow your instructions we will attain crores of piousness, it would bring Bhauthika and as well as Athmika/spiritual benefits to us, moreover it would provide all the auspiciousness and fortune to us. Oh! Prabho, Kindly do whatever you feel after listening to my request. Oh! Prabho we have brought all those necessary things for the performance of your coronation ceremony, kindly do the needful. Kindly order me to live in the woods with Shathrughna, and keep everyone happy and protected once again, or send our brothers to Ayodhya and I will accompany you in the forest or three brothers chooses to live in the forest, and you kindly return to Ayodhya with Devi Sita. Oh! Karunasagara, Oh! Prabho, kindly do whatever pleases you. Oh! Prabho, you have put all the heaviness on my shoulder, I have no knowledge of Neetishashtra or Dharmashasthra, all I have to say about my selfish interest, a grieving person cannot speak sensibly, even the shyness get shy watching him. Oh! Prabhu, I do not deserve your praise, Oh! Kripalu, I shall follow your orders, oh! Prabho, I promise on your lotus feet, I am speaking from my heart, and this is the only way to achieve Lokakshema. Oh! Prabhu, we all are ready to follow your command with pleasant heart, in this way the justice can be served and unexpected unrest can be removed.”


No comments:

Post a Comment