Saturday, June 20, 2020



||Sri Ram Jeyram Jay Jay Ram ||

 

Chapter – 45– Ayodhya Kandam



The crucial meeting of Preceptors, ministers, prominent members with Rama in the forest



Bharatha, ministers, twice-born, and Rishis and Sages assembled before Sage Vashishta and Vamadeva listened to their speech which was highly admiring, and appropriate to the current situation and promising as well. They listened to the speeches of preceptors respectfully but could not put forward their notions; hence Bharatha broke the silence, with folded hands “Oh! Swami, there have been several thousand of illustrious rulers in the Surya clan, your compassionate grace would provide all the auspiciousness, and remove our grief, Oh! Swami, you are capable to change the destiny of your disciple, and none could change that. I am unfortunate one; you have asked my opinion about it.” Sage Vashishta highly pleased to watch the love and humility of Bharatha.

 


Sage Vashishta speaks “Oh! Thatha, you are right, everything becomes possible with the grace of Rama if anyone who is not devoted to Rama could not make it possible not even in their dreams. Therefore, I shall suggest Bharatha and Shathrughna undertake penance, and let Rama, Sita, and Lakshmana return to Ayodhya.” Bharatha and Shathrughna felt extremely happy at the decision of the preceptor, they were transported to a state of ecstasy, and it was like King Dhasharatha returned to life and performed the coronation ceremony of Rama. There were brilliant rays spread all over Bharatha and Shathrughna. The people of Ayodhya felt their loss is smaller than the gain. The queens felt they have served with happiness and grief together.

 


Bharatha spoke “Oh! Swami, whoever follow the words of preceptor would attain the piousness of serving the entire world; I am most willing to spend all my life in the woods. I have no other happiness, Rama and Sita are the knowers of all, resides as the soul in living beings. Oh! Swami, kindly fulfills our desire, and performs the coronation for Rama, and takes Rama, Sita, and Lakshman to Ayodhya.” The people assembled were highly praised the sincerity, devotion, and love of Bharatha.  The splendor of Bharatha was like a vast ocean, the mind of the preceptor was a helpless woman who was searching for a boat to cross that vast ocean. Baratha’s nobility is incomparable; ocean water cannot be compared with waters in the pond. Thus, preceptors, twice-born, Rishis and Sages, Bharatha, and Shathrughna returned to the hermitage of Rama.

 


Rama prostrated before Sage Vashishta and Vamadeva and received them with all respect, provided seats for all. Sage Vashishta began to speak “Oh! Rama, you are Sarvajja, wise, righteous, virtuous, and treasure house of righteousness and wisdom. You reside in everyone’s heart and witnesses it, you are the knower of all, we are grateful to you. People who are besieged with grief cannot speak sensibly, a gambler always looks for his opportunity to win.” Raghava replied “Oh! Swami, you can only resolve the problems; every one of us is ready to follow your instructions, and fulfill your desires, in this way we can attain fruitfulness in our lives. I shall earnestly follow all your commands and all your advice. Oh! Prabho, I feel fortunate to follow your advice sincerely.” Sage Vashishta speaks “Oh! Rama, you are truthful, I am overwhelmed with the love of Bharatha, my heart and mind goes with the love and devotion of Bharatha if you follow the desire of Bharatha, Lord Shiva is the witnesses, and everything will be auspicious. Therefore, Rama, carefully listen to the desires of Bharatha, after that we will arrive in a conclusion, later  you can discuss with the saintly people, about the people’s comment on it, and also consider the Raja Dharma, Veda, and the religion, and decide whatever is good for all.”

 


Rama became extremely happy watching the preceptor’s admiration on Bharatha who is righteous and felt proud to have Bharatha as a sincere attendant by word, mind, and deeds. Rama began to speak in a most pleasing manner “ Prabho, I swear on you and at the feet of my father, there is no brother like Bharatha in this Universe. A person who have sincere devotion at the feet of the preceptor is highly fortunate, is praised by Veda and society. It is impossible to describe the virtues of Bharatha, whatever he says would be good for all.” Rama kept silent for a while. Maharishi Vashishta instructed Bharatha to speak whatever he wants to convey to Rama who is Kripasindhu.  Bharatha became happy to know that his preceptor and elder brother is most promising to him, his eyes filled in tears; he felt that carrying a heavy burden on his shoulders was not letting him speak freely.

 

 

Bharatha spoke “Prabho, our preceptor has given permission to speak whatever I was intended, I have no words to utter, I am aware of your compassionate nature, and you will not get angry not even to your enemies. I am confident that you have special consideration and grace on me. I have not seen my brother getting angry while playing together; I have not left his company from childhood days. He never hurt us by words or deeds; he does not want to defeat me not even in the sports. I have not opened my mouth due to extreme love and respect for my brother, I always wanted to be with my brother and my eyes will never get satisfied with his Dharshan, my destiny is against my wish. God has put us on a test, in the form of my mother, actually, it is wrong to pronounce it in the assembly. It is wrong to reveal my innocence and prove my mother as the culprit; I am unfortunate like the unfathomable ocean. I am not trying to count my sins and blaming my mother and put her in grief. I have no other way to get out of the grief, you are my Master, and Devi Sita and Lakshman are my preceptors.  In this auspicious land, among the assembly of ministers, preceptors, twice-born, and my mother’s I pronounce that Rama knows everything in my heart, and he knows whether I am true or not. The whole world knows that King Dhasharatha died of his extreme love for Rama, and the wickedness of my mother Kaikeyi. It is difficult to watch the pathetic state of my mothers in the absence of my father. The people of Ayodhya emaciated in deep grief, and all of them believe that I was the cause for all the troubles, and the reason for abandoning the Kingdom of Ayodhya, with Devi Sita, and Lakshmana without even sandals to protect your feet. I have gone through intense grief, Lord Shiva knows it all. My heart did not break after watching the love and affection of Nishadharaja to you. I have seen all that painful things with these eyes, and as long as I am alive it would bring afflictions to me, even the toxic serpents, and scorpions forget their venom and anger while watching Rama, Sita, and Lakshman. It is fair that the supreme Lord heaved me to afflictions because I am the son of Kaikeyi who is considered Rama, Sita, and Lakshman as her enemies.” Everyone assembled was shed tears listening to the painful, sensible, affectionate, and humble words of Bharatha.

No comments:

Post a Comment