Tuesday, June 16, 2020



||Sri Ram Jeyram Jay Jay Ram ||

Chapter – 31– Ayodhya Kandam


Bharatha’s marvelous speech in the assembly of Ministers


Bharatha listened to the most promising words of the preceptor were like the highly fragrant sandalwood paste, and it was highly appreciated by the ministers, he also listened to the nectar-like passionate words of Devi Kausalya was out of extreme love and innocence.   Bharatha  could not bear the pain listening to her most pleasing words shed tears of separation from his brothers, while everyone was watching, Bharatha could not control his emotions, wept bitterly, the ministers assembled were forgot themselves, and praised Bharatha’s pure love for Rama and Lakshman.



Bharatha who is valorous, stood from his seat with folded hands began to speak nectar-like answers to the ministers, preceptors, ascetics, sages, and families, “My preceptor has given me most appropriate advice to me, and it was highly appreciated by the Prajas and ministers. My mother Devi Kausalya also advised whatever seemed to be right to her, I would like to follow them sincerely, I accept all those recommendations of my preceptor, parents, prominent members, and companions, with all my hearts, if I take time to think whether I am capable of it or not, it would take a long time, it would keep me away from my responsibilities, it could bring sins to me. Your advice is highly promising if I follow them sincerely, I would attain all the auspiciousness, even though I thoroughly understands them, I am not satisfied and my heart is not willing to do it. Kindly listen to my pleas, after that advice me; kindly forgive my act of putting forward my opinion before the assembly, preceptors, ascetics, and prominent people who do not take it as a serious mistake of the distressed.”



Bharatha speaks “My father is in the abode of Lord Indra, my elder brother Rama, Lakshmana and Devi Sita in the wood, and you are advising me to undertake the regime of the Kingdom, would it make any good to me? Will it make any do good to you? My benefit is in the service of lotus feet of Rama, I have lost that opportunity due to the wickedness of my mother Kaikeyi. I have thoroughly understood that my fruitfulness is not in the regime of Ayodhya, it is in the service to Rama. This Kingdom is the abode of sorrow, in the absence of Rama, Lakshmana, and Devi Sita, like the naked body, adorned in exquisite ornaments and it is like knowledge of Bhramam without the sense of Vairagya, a sick person does not require heavenly pleasures, if there is not devotion at the lotus feet of Hari, there is no use of Japa or Yoga, it would be like an attractive lifeless body. I have no happiness without Rama, therefore kindly permit me to leave to be with Raghuram. My prosperity vest in Rama, and my happiness where Rama lives. Further, if you think that crowning me as the King of Ayodhya would do any good, I would consider it as utter ignorance, and it is completely out of your love for me. I am the son of wicked Kaikeyi who is against Rama, I am shameless son born to her, if you expect any prosperity from my regime, then it is your blind expectation and desire.”



Bharatha continues “Kindly listen to me carefully, whatever I am saying is true to my knowledge. A righteous person can only rule the Kingdom, if you compel me to take up the regime, definitely the Earth will plunge under Rasathala. I am a grave sinner; I have sent my brother Rama and Devi Sita to the forest. The King sends Rama to the forest and took a leave to heaven. I am unfortunate and dull-minded person, listening to all your opinions, I am living in the palace without Rama, and I am alive after listening to those sarcastic comments of the people. My treacherous mind has no devotion to Rama, who is pure and unblemished; still, my mind is yearning for the royal comforts and Kingdom. I have no words to describe the hardness of my heart; it excels the sharpness of Vajra, it is sharper than the bones of Dhadheechi/Vajrayudha of Lord Indra. It is harder than any other weapon used in mining. I have born as the son of Kaikeyi, took great pleasure in this body, I am an unfortunate one. I am separated from my beloved brothers, still, my Prana lingering on me, I have to hear and see many more unpleasant things. Kaikeyi sent Rama, Lakshmana, and Devi Sita, to the forest, she sends off her beloved husband to the abode of Lord Indra, she brought herself the status of a widow, she provided intense grief and miseries to the people of Ayodhya, she had given me wealth, richness, fame and the Kingdom, she had completed everyone’s wishes, I cannot expect anything more than that from my mother Kaikeyi. Moreover, you all wanted to crown me as the King of Ayodhya, I do not deserve anything good in my life as I have born to Kaikeyi, God has helped me enough, why do you want to shower more help on me, it is like an insane person, got scorpion bite, on top of that he is forced to consume the intoxicating drink, what kind of treatment is that? God has given all that for I have born as son of Kaikeyi, unfortunately, he has given the glories of a son of illustrious King Dhasharatha and brother of Rama as well. The command of the King is most promising, you are compelling me to take up the regime, kindly answer my questions. I and my mother don’t deserve any goodness; tell me who is distant to Rama in this whole Universe? Who is in the Universe does not love Rama and Sita as dear as their lives? I feel I do not deserve any Kingdom or appreciation from no one, you are advising me out of love and kindness. My mother Devi Kausalya is pure and unblemished, she has a special attachment towards me, she is extremely anxious watching my difficult situation. My preceptor Sage Vashishta is the ocean of wisdom, he is eminent and the whole Universe is like an Amla/gooseberry on his palm. God is not promising to me, but everyone showering kindness upon me. Only Rama and Sita could say that I am not a part of my mother Kaikeyi’s plotting against him. I have to bear all these, like the source of water is the place of dirt as well. I do not worry if the whole worlds blame me for this, I am not worried about the afterlife, and I have all that worries me a lot about my brother Rama and Sita undergoing troubles in the forest because of me. Lakshman attained the fruitfulness of his life; he abandoned everything and took shelter at the lotus feet of Rama. My birth is unfortunate, sending Raghuvara to the forest, I am mumbling out of grief. I bow before you all and expressing my pathetic state, I have no other way, cannot get relief out of the pain without seeing the lotus feet of Rama. No one could understand the state of my mind and heart other than Rama, I have nothing else in my mind, other than leave to the forest to meet my brother. If I fall at his feet, I would get relieved from all the sins for the troubles that I have caused to him, the Kingdom and my family and the people of Ayodhya, he will definitely forgive my sin. He is the abode of mercy, compassion, kindness, love, and simplicity. Rama did not take revenge not even on his enemies; I am an immature child and servant of him.  It’s my sincere request to all of you to meet Rama in the woods. In this way, I am a servant of Rama can attain the opportunity to persuade him to come back to Ayodhya. I am definite that Rama will not abandon me, even though I do not deserve his mercy, I have born to a wicked mother Kaikeyi.” In this way, Bharatha openly revealed his pain of separation from Rama in the assembly of ministers.



No comments:

Post a Comment