Tuesday, June 23, 2020



||Sri Ram Jeyram Jay Jay Ram ||

 

Chapter – 51– Ayodhya Kandam


 The passionate speeches of Bharatha


King Janaka visited Raghukuladeepa was received with great respect. Sage Vashishta spoke appropriate measures and well suited for the situation that was highly promising to society and were not against righteousness. He detailed the conversation took place between King Janaka and Bharatha, he repeatedly mentioned the excellent speeches of Bharatha, and his willingness to follow the command of Rama wholeheartedly. Raghunatha began to speak with folded hands before the assembly addressing his preceptors, “Oh! Swami, it is inappropriate to speak anything in front of the elderly people like you and King Janaka/Midhilesha, therefore I shall follow all those orders of you and Midhilesha sincerely, and everyone will accept the same. King Janaka and preceptors were stunned listening to the pleasant words of Rama, and they looked at Bharatha who was controlling emotions like Sage Agasthya who blocked the growth of Vindhyachala.  It was like, the grief like demon Hiranyaksha was already taken away the Earth which is the place of auspiciousness, but Bharatha’s intellect like Varaha, restored the auspiciousness effortlessly.

 


Bharatha prostrated before the assembly, with folded hands and spoke “It is inappropriate to speak before the assembly of intellectuals; I am making a humble effort to pronounce before you, kindly forgive me.” He spoke words that were highly intelligent, pure, and full of righteousness, like the Swan that separates milk from the water. The whole assembly was in a supreme state, he repeatedly prostrated before preceptors, King Janaka, twice-born, Rishis, and Sages, Raghupathi and Devi Sita, and began to speak “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Ramachandra, you are my father, mother, companion, preceptor, Lord, you are most promising and you are supreme soul resides as the soul in living beings. You are unblemished and innocent, you are the commander of Universe and its living beings, you are the protector of all, you are the closest companion of people who takes shelter in you, you are all-pervasive, you symbolize valor and wisdom, you are Sharanagathavathsala, you are generous, and you destroy sins and wickedness. Oh! Prabho, you are supreme Lord, I am an untrustworthy servant of you. I have taken a journey to woods with the people of Ayodhya, without following the command of our father. The Universe is a mixture of good and bad, wicked and truthful, mortal and immortal. I have never seen anyone against your command, I have pronounced words against you, and I have acted against your will, even though that was taken as a promising act by my Lord Ramachandra. He is merciful and noble, he always thought of my wellness, even my wicked act has become an ornament of fame in his grace.”

 

Bharatha continues “ Oh! Prabho, your disciplines, and magnanimity are known to the whole Universe, and it is mentioned in Veda and scriptures as well. Even the wicked, cruel, sinners, evil-minded, blemished, impure, shameless, and non-believer who worship you and take shelter in you would achieve your grace. You are generous, did not take notice of their mistakes, and highly praise the virtues in them. It is difficult to find a noble Master like you, who is extremely compassionate and kind to his servant, and fulfills all his desires, and not even think of the favors done to your servant, always look for the wellness and comfort of your servant. It is Sri Ramachandra who is the Master, who showered grace upon me always. A bird can sing and an animal can dance after learning from its master, but the loveliness in the acts entirely depends on the efficiency of the Master. You are most compassionate, a jewel on the crown of Sadhus, keep praising and respecting your servants; it would be possible only for the supreme Lord Ramachandra who is generous and ocean of mercy. Oh! Prabhu, I have overruled your command due to my grief, and love for you, my immature behavior forced me to visit you in the forest. Oh! Prabhu, you have not displeased or disheartened me, I worship at your lotus feet which is the source of all the auspiciousness. Oh! Prabho, I came to know that you are most promising to me. Oh! Karunanidhi, I am an extremely fortunate one, I could feel that overflowing love of you,  Oh! Kripanidhe, you have not taken my grave sins seriously, I do not deserve all those kindnesses, Oh! Prabho, I have spoken words that may not be appropriate to the situation, but you have forgiven all those, with your nobility. Oh! Prabho, kindly forgive me if I have uttered anything harsh against you or the society. Oh! Prabho, I should not have stretched this conversation too long, the intellectuals do not take pleasure in long conversations. Oh! Prabho, kindly order me, you have fulfilled all my desires. Oh! Prabho, who is absolute truth, flawless, you are the source of auspiciousness and fortune I want to be dust at your lotus feet always, in the state of awakening, sleep and dream. I want to serve you without any personal gain or for the achievement of Purusharththa. Oh! Prabho, kindly order me, and give me an opportunity to serve you.” Bharatha was in a state of ecstasy, shed tears of contentment, and fallen at the louts' feet of Ramachandra were beyond description. Rama raised Bharatha from the ground, and pacified him, and made him seated next to him, Rama and the people of the assembly were drenched in extreme love, listening to the flawless speech of Bharatha.

 


The people of Mithila and Ayodhya, preceptors, Saints and Rishis, Midhiladhipa and Raghurama highly praised Bharatha’s affection and devotion. The deities showered flowers upon Bharatha praising his virtues. Tulsidas says that the people who listened to the speeches of Bharatha drenched in extreme grief, like the lotus flower at the beginning of the night hours. Devendra who is impure, and deceitful, watching the extreme agony of the people of Mithila and Ayodhya, remained unmoved, did not back from his selfish motive. He has no trust in anyone, and has the nature of crow; he plotted against all the people assembled, but their devotion to Rama kept them unharmed. The Devamaya worked very well on the people assembled, they preferred to take pleasures in the comforts of their respective homes, even though they got attracted to the beauty of woods where Rama settled, therefore everyone became restless. Prabhu Ramachandra realized the trick of Devendra, smiled to him. Thus, the powerful Devamaya persuaded everyone assembled except the preceptors, King Janaka, Bharatha, intelligent ministers, and saintly people.


No comments:

Post a Comment