Sunday, June 28, 2020



||Sri Ram Jeyram Jay Jay Ram ||

 

Chapter – 5 - Aranya Kandam

 

Sage Sutheekshna eulogizes supreme Lord Raghuram

 

Sage Sutheekshna prostrated before Rama, and reverentially appealed Rama to visit his hermitage; Ram could not resist watching the devotion of the Sage.  Thus, Rama Lakshmana and Devi Sita arrived in his hermitage.  Sage Sutheekshna received him with great respect and eulogized “Oh! Prabho, I am a dull-minded, how did I eulogize your endless splendor? I am like a firefly before Lord Surya, how did the firefly describe the brilliance of Surya? I shall reverentially prostrate before supreme Lord Raghuveera who has the complexion of dark clouds and the luster of blue lotus, adorned in matted hair locks, wielded in bow and arrow. The Supreme Lord who burn down the grave sins like woods of the worshiper, he is the source of supreme bliss to the lotus-like hearts of virtuous and noble souls, you are the powerful lion that kills the demons like untamed elephants, Oh! Bhagavan, you are the powerful Garuda that hunt birds like the sufferings of worldly existence, I shall reverentially prostrate before you, kindly protect us. I shall eulogize the supreme Lord Rama whose lustrous eyes resemble red lotus flower petals, attired in a marvelous garment, has a broad chest, and long hands Oh! Bhagavan, you are full moon to the Chakora like the eyes of Devi Sita, you are Swan that explores in the sacred pond like the heart of Lord Mahadeva. Oh! Bhagavan, you are the Garuda who destroys misconceptions like the serpent, you are the destroyer of grief and conflicts, you are the destroyer of fear and anxieties of worldly existence and you are the source of happiness to the deities, Oh! Kripanidhi, Oh! Prabhu, kindly protect us always. I shall praise the supreme Lord Rama, who is beyond virtues, assumed in marvelous form, impartial, he is beyond intellect and words; he is pure, all-pervasive, unblemished, and omniscient. Oh! Bhagavan, you are the forest of Kalpavruksha to your ardent devotees, you are the destroyer of Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, and Mathscharya of the worshiper. You are most pleasing; you are the bridge to cross the unfathomable ocean of worldly existence. Oh! Suryavamsha Shikhamani kindly protects us. I shall prostrate before the supreme Lord Rama, who is immeasurable, great prowess, the recitation of his sacred names would remove the impurities of the Kali era. He symbolizes righteousness, and protector of righteousness, he is the treasure house of virtues, Oh! Srirama, kindly shower auspiciousness always, I shall meditate upon supreme Lord Rama who is impassionate, omnipresent, and indestructible, resides as a soul in living beings, the enemy of Khara, kindly reside with Devi Sita and Lakshmana in my heart. Oh! Bhagavan, kindly shower your grace, not forget that you are my Master and I am your sincere servant.” Rama was highly pleased and embraced the Sage affectionately. Rama instructed the Sage to ask for a boon, Sage Sutheekshna began to speak “Oh! Bhagavan, Oh! Raghupathe, Oh! Bhakthavathsala, kindly gives a boon whatever you feel appropriate to me.” Rama spoke “Oh! Mahamune, I shall give you intense Bhakti, Virakthi, Vignana, and Gnana, as a boon, you are the storehouse of the virtues and wisdom.” Sage Sutheekshna spoke with folded hands “Oh! Prabho, I am extremely happy I have attained the boon as I have desired, kindly fulfill my desire, and reside in my heart with Devi Sita and Lakshmana permanently. Oh! Prabho, kindly reside as Chandra in my heart like sky always, in your glorious form as Rama, wielded in bow and arrow, along with Goddess Janaki and Lakshmana.”

 


No comments:

Post a Comment