Tuesday, June 9, 2020




||Sri Ram Jeyram Jay Jay Ram ||

Chapter – 11 – Ayodhya Kandam

Rama's conversation with Devi Kausalya

Rama went to meet Devi Kausalya, he was extremely happy and enthusiastic as well. He did not expect that the King would create an obstacle for his journey to woods, he was excited like a baby elephant that was fastened by the regime of the Kingdom of Ayodhya was got freed. He felt extremely happy after listening to Mother Kaikeyi about her the decision to send him to woods, felt relieved from the worldly bondage, and was looking forward to living in the woods.  Raghukula Thilaka with folded hands greeted Mother Kausalya, he prostrated at her feet and they embraced each other. She kissed on the forehead of her son, her eyes filled with tears of joy, she repeatedly embraced him. Her happiness and love for Rama were beyond description, it was like beggar attained the status of Kubera. She looked at him affectionately and spoke in a sweet tone “Oh! Dear child, kindly tell me, when is that auspicious moment/Lagna going to take place? We are looking forward to the most fortunate, blissful, and contented moments in our lives. All the people of Ayodhya are waiting like Chakora birds for the raindrops like those blissful moments with great excitement. Oh! Dear child, go and get ready to have a bath and eat something favorite sweet of yours. Go and meet your father, Oh! Dear, it is already too late.” The sweet and affectionate words of Mother Kousalya resemble the flowers of Kalpavriksha did not melt the bee-like heart of Rama.  He is the essence of righteousness, spoke in a soft tone “Oh! Mother, Father has given me the ruling of the woods; I could perform huge tasks in the woods, therefore kindly give permission to proceed to the forest. So that my journey to the forest would become happy and comfortable, you need not worry about my welfare, I will be always happy with your blessings. I will finish the fourteen years of living in the woods at the instruction of the King, I will return safely after that period, do not worry about me.”



The sweet words of Rama shot like arrows in the heart of Devi Kausalya, she has become pale, horrified like an antelope that heard the roar of the lion, and she withered in extreme pain, her eyes welled up in tears, her body quivered, she regained her courage and asked “Oh! My dear child, you are dear as life to your father. He enjoys all your amusements, it gives him immense pleasure, and he has decided to perform your coronation ceremony, what was your mistake to send you to the forest? Oh! Dear child, kindly tell me everything, who set fire in the clan of Surya?” Devi Kausalya realized the firmness from the eyes of Rama, the son of Sumanthra who was accompanied Rama described all that happened between the King and Devi Kaikeyi, she stood like a pillar, and could not speak a word in extreme pain. Devi Kausalya did not stop Rama or did not give her permission, she shrunken in extreme agony, she thought “I was prepared to write Chandra but it has turned out Rahu, due to the twist of the pen.”



It is quite common that the expectations turn disappointments, she has immersed in various thoughts, she was in dilemma, finds it difficult to make a decision to support the command of her husband, or performs the part of motherly affection to her son. She thought “If I stop Rama not to follow the command of his father, it would be against the righteousness, and it would create misunderstanding among brothers, If I let Rama go to woods, it would bring endless miseries to all.” Devi Kausalya became inconsolable; she could not take a firm decision. Immediately, she regained her courage and remembered the righteousness of the clan, moreover Rama and Bharatha equal to her, in this way she pacified herself and spoke “Oh! Dear child, you are right. The highest of the righteous deed is to follow the command of the father. I have no grief or difference of opinion against your father who declared the coronation ceremony and later changed his mind to send you to live in the woods. But, your absence would cause intense afflictions to Bharatha, your father, and the people of Ayodhya. If it was only your father’s advice, you need not go, because a mother’s command is superior to a father’s. If it was the collective decision of father and mother Kaikeyi, then you can proceed to woods.  The Vanadeva would protect you like father, and Vanadevis would protect you like a mother, and all those animals and birds would serve your lotus feet that would bring the happiness of hundreds of the city of Ayodhya. The Vanavasa is preferable for a King in his later years of age, but I feel sad that my child is going to have Vanavasa at a young age that is breaking my heart. Oh! Raghuvamshathilaka, the woods are fortunate, the city of Ayodhya is ill-fated because you have abandoned her. Oh! Son, if I ask you to take me with you would put you in more trouble. You are beloved of all; you are dear as life to us. You are ‘Prana’ in us, you have informed me of your decision to leave, and I am still clinging on to you and feeling helpless. I am not compelling you, I am praying you to think of your mother, and don’t let slip my love from your heart. ”



Devi Kausalya continues “Oh! Bhoolokanayak, let all the deities and Pithrus protect you from all the dangers, like the eyes protected by eyelids. The fourteen years of Vanavasa is like water, and your family and relatives are fishes in it. You are compassionate and righteous as well. Kindly find a way to keep us alive till your return from the woods, Oh! Son, you can leave to the forest, abandoning your family, your subjects and the Kingdom of Ayodhya, I would treat that the fortune of us has ended. All our good luck turned against us from today.” Devi Kausalya shed tears and fallen at the feet of Rama, she could not control her grief; it is difficult to describe the pain of Devi Kausalya. Rama lifted her and embraced her, and pacified her with sweet words.



Devi Sita worriedly approached her mother-in-law, prostrated before her, and took a seat on the floor. Devi Kausalya sadly looked at the tender physique of Devi Sita, pacified her; she worriedly looked at Sita’s beautiful appearance and her deep love for Rama. Devi Sita with her head hung down immersed in thought “My dearest husband is preparing to leave to the forest. I have to see who has the fortune to go with him, my body and Prana, or my Prana alone. It is difficult to know the plans of the supreme Lord.” She pressed her toe fingers on the floor produced the beautiful sounds of anklets; as if those anklets were praying to her not to leave Rama. Devi Sita shed tears, watching this Devi Kausalya spoke “Oh! Dear child, listen to me, Sita is supremely gorgeous and dear to everyone in the palace, and her father Janaka is the gem among the Kings, and her father-in-law is the Sun in the Surya dynasty and  her husband (you) is the full moon in the clan of Raghu, you are the storehouse of virtues and beauty. My daughter-in-law is the essence of love, beauty, and virtues, I am taking care of her like my eyes, my life surrounds her, I love her dearly as my life. I treat her as tender divine creeper in the Devaloka, and I am nurturing her with all the love, my divine creeper is about to flowering, the supreme Lord has turned against me. Who knows how this is going to end? Sita has not stepped in harsh pathways; she was taking pleasure on my lap, cushions, and highly expensive fur. I am taking care of her as the creeper of Sanjeevani. I have not entrusted even the smallest work. Oh! Raghunatha, that Sita is waiting for your decision to follow you to woods. How did a Chakora bird that used to drink the nectar from the Chandra look at the Surya? Oh! Child, The forest is full of untamed animals, wild animals, lions, demons and how did a divine Sanjeevani creeper grow among the dense poisonous plants?”

No comments:

Post a Comment