Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Sri Ramacharitha Manas – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Bala Kanda – King Janaka’s despair after not finding an appropriate groom for Janakanandhini

 


Chapter – 244– Sri Ramacharitha Manas – Bala Kanda –  King Janaka’s despair after not finding an appropriate groom for Janakanandhini

 

King Janaka continued in utter despair “I have announced a lovely bride and marvelous gifts for whoever bends the unyielding bow of Lord Shiva, I feel Lord Bhrama has not created an appropriate groom who can win over the challenge and achieve my precious daughter as a wedded wife. I am extremely saddened to watch no one could move the bow an inch from its place or fasten or bend it. Pardon me, I feel there are no valorous men left on the Earth to lift the bow, fasten and bend it, kindly disperse the assembly immediately. I feel Devi Sita is not destined to marry, should remain unmarried all her life, If I have the knowledge that there are no powerful men left on the Earth, I would not have engaged in such a vow and made myself laughing stock before the huge crowd, now all my religious austerities would disappear once I revoke the vows.” All the women and men assembled were grief-stricken, looked at Janakanandhini in extreme anguish. On the other hand, Lakshman's face reddened in fury, his beautiful eyebrows curved in anger, his lips quivered in agitation.

 

Kuari Manohara Bijaya Badi Keerathi  Athi  Kamaneeya | Pavanihara Biranchi Janu Racheau Na Dhanu Dhamaneeya ||

 Kahahu Kahi  Yahu Labhu Na  Bhava | Kahu Na  Sankara Chapa Chadava || Rahau Chadaub Thorab Bhayi | Thilu Bhari Bhoomi Na Sake  Chadayi|| Ab Jani Koau Makhai Bhat Mani | Beera Biheena  Mahi Mei  Jani || Thajahu Aasa Nija  Nija  Griha Jahu | Likha  Na Bidhi Baidhehi Bibahu || Sukrithu Jayi  Jau  Panu Pariharau | Kuari  Kuari  Rahau Ka  Karau || Jau  Janatheau Binu Bhat  Bhubi Bhayi | Thau Panu Kari Hotheau Na Hasayi || Janaka Bachana Suni Sab Nara Nari | Dhekhi Janakihi Bhaye Dhukhari || Makhe  Lakhanu Kutila  Bhaya Bhaihe | Radhapat Pharakath Nayana Risauhe||

 

No comments:

Post a Comment