Saturday, October 16, 2021

Sri Ramacharitha Manas – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Kishkindha Kanda – Sugrivah describes the reason for his stay in the Mount Rishyamukha



Chapter – 6– Sri Ramacharitha Manas – Kishkindha Kanda– Sugrivah describes the reason for his stay in the Mount Rishyamukha

 

The compassionate Lord who is the embodiment of virtues, wisdom, and valor, rejoiced at heart listening to the promise of his companion, and spoke “Oh! Sugrivah, what was the reason you have sought to live in the Rishyamukha Mount?” Sugrivah replied fervently “Oh! Prabho, me, and Vali are brothers, we had shared a very close bond between us. Once, Mayavi, the son of demon Maya, infringed our Kingdom Kishkindha in the night ours, and called out for a battle, Vali could not resist or control his rage, or step back to the call of his enemy. Soon both of them entered in a huge fight, and Mayavi flew into the dense forest, Vali did not stop his chase for the enemy, I also accompanied him for the safety of my elder brother. Finally, Mayavi took shelter in a cave, Vali paused before the mouth of the cave and instructed me “Oh! Brother, wait for my return, If I did not return till fortnight, you can leave the place assuming that I was killed.” Oh! Prabho, I have waited for a month, anxiously waited to see my brother in front of the cave. Oh! Kharari, one day I have noticed a stream of blood gushing out of the cave, I have assumed that my brother got killed at the hands of Mayavi, hence I had to flee back to my Kingdom. The ministers of the Kingdom advised it is unsafe to leave the country without a wise ruler, they persuaded me to accept the throne of Kishkindha. In the meantime, Vali returned to Kishkindha and found me on the throne, it inflated his anger and hatred towards me. He attacked me brutally, taken away all my possessions including my wife, I had to flee for my life, I have wandered all over the world in a miserable state. Oh! Lord of Raghu, finally I have taken shelter in the Mount Rishyamukha, where Vali is scared to step in due to the curse of a Sage. Oh! Prabho, living life in this dense forest makes me feel serene and secure.” The Supreme Lord who is an ocean of mercy stretched out his long arms towards his distressed companion, his hands quivered in anger to punish Vali for his misdemeanor to his own brother.


Sakha Bachana Suni Harashe Kripasindhu Balaseev | Karana Kavana Basahu Bana Mohi Kahahu Sugreeva||

Natha Bali Aru Mei Dhvai Bhayi | Preethi Rahi Kacchu Barani Na Jayi || Maya sutha Mayavathi Thehi Nau | Aava  So Prabhu Hamare Gau || Ardha Rathi Pura Dhvara Pukara | Bali Ripu Bala Sahayi Na Para || Dhava Bali Dhekhi so Bhaga | Mei Puni Gayau Bandhu Sanga Laga || Giribara Guha Paita So Jayi | Thab Bali Mohi Kaha Bujjayi || Parikhesu Mohi Yek Pakhavara | Nahi Aavau Thab Janesu Mara || Masa Dhivasa Thaha Raheau Kharari | Nisari Rudhira Dhara Thaha Bhari || Bali Hathesi Mohi Marihi Aayi | Sila Dheyi Thaha Chaleau Parayi || Manthrinha Pura Dhekha Binu Sayi | Dheenheau Mohi Raja Bariayi || Bali Thahi Mari Griha Aava | Dhekhi Mohi Jiya Bhedha Badava || Ripu Mama Mohi Maresi Athi Bhari | Hari  Leenhesi Sarbasu Aru Nari || Thake Bhaya Raghubeera Kripala | Sakala Bhuvana Mei Phireau Bihala || Iha Sap Basa Aavath Nahi | Thadhapi Sabheetha Rahau Manamahi || Suni Sevaka Dhukha Dheenadhayala | Pharaki Udhi Dhvai Bhuja Bisala ||

 

No comments:

Post a Comment