Saturday, May 30, 2020




||Sri Ram Jayram Jaya Jaya Ram||

Chapter -97 – Dhoha

Maharishi Vishwamithra's intervention


Bhrigukula Thilaka after listening to the words of Lakshmana, spoke in extreme fury “Oh! Vishwamithra, listen to me, this child is dull-minded and wicked as well, he is inviting troubles and death to him, further, he will add destruction to his clan. He is one of the stained spots in the clan of Surya Vamsha, he has no control on words, he is uncontrollable, ignorant, and act on sudden impulses. I think he is inviting death in seconds; I am not responsible for that. If you want to protect him, you have to control him, and describe my fury and prowess to him.”



Lakshman spoke “Oh! Mahamune, how did we forget your fame and prominence as long you are alive? You have described your splendor many times by yourself. If you are not satisfied with that, kindly narrate them. You need not suppress your anger and feel unhappy. You have carried out the role of a great warrior; you are valorous and unforgivable as well. Therefore it is not suitable for you to complain against me.  The powerful warrior performs several valorous deeds on the battlefield, but he won’t be engaged in self-praising. The cowards would do self-praising against his enemies. You are calling out my death as if the Lord Yama would follow your command.” Parashurama could not control his rage after listening to the harsh words of Lakshman, he took the axe on his hand and spoke “No one should blame me for this act, this arrogant child deserves death, I have spared him for several times for his misdemeanor and considered as a child, now the time has arrived for his death.”


Sage Vishwamithra spoke “Oh! Mahamune, kindly forgives that child, saintly people will not consider the mistakes of the children as a grave sin. They will not take notice of their virtues or misdemeanor,” Parashurama spoke “Oh! Sage, my axe is extremely fierce, I am not compassionate one and furious, I consider the person who disrespected my preceptor as my enemy. He is not heeding to my words, Hey Vishwamithra! I have spared him only because of my respect for you. Otherwise, I would have killed him with my axe effortlessly and would have fulfilled my responsibilities and respect towards my preceptor.”



The son of Gadhi smiled at heart and spoke to himself “ Parashurama has mistaken, he sees everything as green, he is fighting against iron sword, not with the sugarcane, he is still in the darkness of ignorance, he did not understand about these two divine youths.” Lakshman speaks “Oh! Mune, who is not aware of your valorous deeds? Who is not aware of your long history of virtues and discipline? You have paid off the debt of your parents, and you have only one debt to pay off, that is the debt to your preceptor. It has created an intense anxiousness in you, and it was caused by us. You have to pay off heavy debt; we will pay off that debt in the form of wealth.” Parashurama could not control his rage listening to the sarcastic words of Lakshmana, he took axe in his hand, the whole crowd said “It is really sad”  Lakshmana said “Oh! Munishwara, you are threatening me with your axe, I am leaving you because you are a twice-born, and you have not met any valorous youth, Oh! Bhramanadevatha, you are a prominent one from the illustrious family.” The people assembled were felt terribly unfair to happen. Rama showed gestures to stop his fury to Lakshman. Raghukulapathi saw Parashurama’s fury was multiplying in the Ahuthi like the harsh words of Lakshmana.

No comments:

Post a Comment