Thursday, May 21, 2020




||Sri Ram Jayram Jaya Jaya Ram||

Chapter – 48 – Dhoha – 47

The conversation between Goddess Bhavani and Lord Mahadeva 

Devi Parvathi speaks “Oh! Bhagavan, if Rama is the son of King Dhasharatha, how he would be considered as the supreme Bhramam? If he is supreme Bhramam why did he lament the separation from Devi Sita like an ordinary human being? I am so confused after hearing the legends and endless virtues of Rama and his reactions to the various situations in life, it does not match at all. Oh! Prabho, you are impassive, all-pervasive, and mighty Lord, kindly describe that supreme Bhramam. Kindly do not get agitated on my ignorance, and kindly remove my misconceptions. I have seen the splendor of Lord Rama in my previous birth, and it put me in extreme trepidations, I have not detailed it to you due to fear, my heart was impure, I did not understand it and I had to undergo the terrible consequences of my sin. I have a few doubts lingering in me, I shall request you with folded hands, you have put all efforts to convince me before but I did not understand them any, Oh! Swami kindly does not get angry on me, I have no intention to test Rama, I have grown devoted to Rama and his glorious legends, Oh! Devadeva, who is adorned in serpents as ornaments, kindly describe the virtues of Rama.”



Devi Parvathi continues “Oh! Lord, I shall prostrate before you, keeping my head at your lotus feet, kindly describe the endless glories of Rama, as described in the Veda. Oh! Bhagavan, I am an ignorant woman if you consider me as your sincere attendant by words, deeds, and thoughts, kindly enlighten me. The saintly people never discourage the curious people who are desired to achieve knowledge on Bhramam, Oh! Sureshwara, I am curious to know about that Bhramam, kindly describes the legends of Rama. Why the supreme Bhramam which is Nirguna did assume the form of Saguna? Kindly narrate the incarnation of Rama, his various childhood amusements, his grand celestial wedding with Devi Sita who is the daughter of King Janaka, why did he abandon the Kingdom of Ayodhya? Kindly describe his various amusements in the woods, his battle with the demon Ravana, later returned to the Kingdom and crowned as the King of Ayodhya, while ruling the city of Ayodhya he has performed various pastimes, Oh! Shankara who symbolizes supreme bliss kindly describes them in detail. Oh! Karunanidhi, kindly describe the return of Rama to his supreme abode/Swadhama, with his subjects. Oh! Swami, kindly describes that supreme Bhramam which is continuously sought after by the illustrious Rishis and Sages and takes great pleasure in it. Oh! Bhagavan, kindly describe the essence of Bhakti, Gnana, knowledge about that Nirguna Bhramam, knowledge of the limitations of the Saguna Upasana, the differentiation between Saguna and Nirguna Upasana, and Vairagya/sense of renunciation, etc. Oh! Natha, who is unblemished and storehouse of wisdom, kindly describe the highly confidential pastimes of Rama, Oh! Dhayalo, if I have left out any details to learn about Rama, kindly describe them too. Oh! Universal preceptor, you are the preceptor to the three worlds pronounced by Veda, kindly impart the knowledge of that supreme Bhramam to the ignorant ones.”

No comments:

Post a Comment