Sunday, May 3, 2020



||Sri Ram Jayram Jaya Jaya Ram||


Chapter – 10 – Dhoha – 9


Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “The saintly and ascetic people respect any poems that have virtue, and simplicity in it, even the evil-minded take pleasure in that.  I am not efficient to describe all that virtue completely in my poem, therefore kindly bless me and make possible to write those endless glories of supreme Lord Hari. I shall repeatedly request those illustrious poets, and intellectuals, saintly people/Hamsa whose lotus-like hearts takes immense pleasure in the glorious legends of Lord Raghuvara, kindly heed to my prayers, and understand my love for that supreme Lord, and shower your blessings upon me. I shall reverentially prostrate before Maharishi Valmiki who composed the marvelous scripture Ramayan which is unblemished, unlike the Khara/hard and Dhooshana/spoilt who are the relatives of Ravana.  I shall prostrate before the four branches of Veda which is the safest ferry to cross the ocean of worldly existence. It describes the splendor of Raghuvara and therefore reciting them would keep untiring as well. I shall prostrate before the lotus feet of Lord Bhrama who created nectar, Chandra, and Kamadhenu like promising ones, and on the other hand created poison, intoxicating drinks, and wicked demons.  I shall prostrate at the lotus feet of all the deities, twice-born, intellectuals, and nine planets. I shall earnestly pray to them to make my dream come true. I shall prostrate before supreme Goddess Saraswathi, and Suranadhi Ganga purifies the souls and provides welfare to the Universe.  The sacred river Ganga purifies the souls with a holy dip and consumption of her water, Goddess Saraswathi removes the darkness of ignorance of Jeeva with the recitation of sacred names and worship of her. I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Maheshwara and Goddess Bhavani, I shall prostrate before my preceptors, parents, people who serve the distressed, people who perform charities, people who love to hear the glories of Seethapathi and his companions, servants, and masters, and all those who are promising to Tulsidas. Once, Lord Hara and Goddess Girija pronounced a few words of an indistinguishable and impossible to tell apart, at the beginning of the Kali era, those where extremely propitious hymns that describe the glories of Lord Mahadeva.  Therefore that supreme Lord Umeshwara would make my poem as an essence of supreme bliss and auspiciousness. I shall repeatedly contemplate upon the supreme Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathi, and with their eternal grace, I shall enthusiastically begin to describe the glorious Ramacharitha. It would shine like the night in the presence of full moon and stars that spread light, with the grace of supreme Lord Mahadeva.  Whoever listens or reads to it with intense devotion and faith would attain firm devotion at the lotus feet of Lord Rama, and would get relieved from all the impurities of evil effects of the Kali era and achieve all the auspiciousness. If I have possessed the blessings of the supreme Lord Shiva and Goddess Gauri, even in my dreams, the poem I have created in simple Awadh language described the splendor of supreme Lord Rama would become true. ”

No comments:

Post a Comment