Sunday, May 3, 2020




||Sri Ram Jayram Jaya Jaya Ram||

Chapter – 9 – Dhoha – 8


Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “The intellectuals who are aware of the highest philosophy, have described that supreme Lord as beyond description and incomparable as well.  The Veda describes the supreme Lord who has no specific form or names,  he has no birth or death and has no duality, he is absolute bliss, has supreme brilliance, and all-pervasive.  He has personified on the Earth to perform various amusements, for the welfare of his devotees, he is most beloved of his sincere devotees, showers abundance of compassion on them.  The supreme Lord is Paramakripalu/ocean of mercy and Anuragi/dearest to his devotees, never get angry on them. He is Dheenabandhu/companion of the distressed people, restore all those lost to his devotees, he is Prabhu, he is Raghurama who has pleasing nature, and has endless prowess.  The saints and ascetics sing in praise of the splendor of Lord Hari and keep their mind and intellect purified, in this way they make their lives fruitful. I am thoroughly aware of his presence in my mind and intellect that gives me the strength to describe his glories.  I shall reverentially prostrate before the supreme Lord Rama, keeping my head at his lotus feet I shall describe his countless virtues.  There are several intellectuals and ascetics sung in praise of supreme Lord Rama, therefore I shall sincerely follow that pathway to make my journey comfortable, like the illustrious Kings and rulers constructs bridge over the rivers, so that even the ants find it easy to cross the river.  In this way, I can comfortably begin describing the splendor of Lord Raghupathi.  I shall prostrate before the lotus feet of all those illustrious Rishis and Sages, and Maharishi Vedavyasa who composed marvelous scriptures praising the splendor of Lord Hari. I shall earnestly pray to them to make my dream real, I shall prostrate before all the illustrious poets of the Kali era who described the glories of Lord Raghupathi.  I shall prostrate before the intellectuals who live in the Kali era and the upcoming noble souls who might pen down the splendor of Lord Hari.  I shall earnestly pray to all those noble souls to bless my work, that should satisfy the ascetics and saintly people, if it did not serve the purpose to give pleasure to their hearts or it did not provide Keerthi, and prosperity like the sacred river Ganga, it would become a futile effort.  The splendor of Lord Rama is most attractive, but my language is rough, therefore it remains an irony always, like the silk thread woven on the cotton cloth, I hope this difference will disappear with your grace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment