Monday, May 18, 2020




||Sri Ram Jayram Jaya Jaya Ram||

Chapter – 35 – Dhoha – 34

 The meeting of Saptharishis with Goddess Jagadamba/Bhavani

The Rishis smiled at her and spoke “Oh! Devi, you happened to take birth in the abode of Mount Himavan, it is impossible to keep quiet after listening to the advice of Maharishi Narada. Who will discard the advice of Maharishi Narada? The sons of Dhaksha listened to the advice of him; they have discarded their homes and never returned to their homes. He transformed the home of Chithrakethu and Hiranyakashipu as well. It is quite definite that whoever listens to the advice of Maharishi Narada would become homeless. His intentions are not good, attired in saffron robes would influence everyone to become ascetic. You have trusted his words and decided to marry a person who is utterly lazy, virtueless, shameless, inauspicious, adorned in skulls as garland, an orphan, has no home of his own, wandering in ragged clothes and skins of animals, decorated with the serpents and spider as ornaments all over the body. What would you earn marrying such a person? You have become the victim of Maharishi Narada, some say Lord Shiva married to Devi Sati and later discarded her and let her die. He is leading a life of a mendicant, careless, taking great pleasure in meditation, and begging for alms. How could you live with a saint who always prefers to be alone? Oh! Devi, listen to us carefully, we have found an appropriate groom for you. He is charming, pure, good-natured and amiable, his fame and glories are eulogized by Veda, he is pure and unblemished, he is a storehouse of virtues.  He is Lakshmipathi and Vaikundavasi as well. We will bring that groom for you. ”


Devi Girija laughed out loudly and began to speak “Oh! Rishi, you have pronounced it right, my body is made of mountains, it may not exist for a long time, but I will not leave my promise. The precious yellow metal originated from the mountain, it is put into a blazing fire to make exquisite ornaments, and it does not leave its nature even after it undergoes extreme heat. I have no fear, I will not discard the advice of Maharishi Narada, whoever does not have faith in the words of their preceptor will not have peace or auspiciousness in their lives. The supreme Lord Mahadeva may have some disadvantages, Lord Vishnu must have endless virtues, and finally whoever gives pleasure to my heart would be chosen in my life. Oh! Munishwara, if you have met me before, I would have dropped the idea of penance and sincerely followed your advice, but I have already married Lord Sadhashiva, therefore I am not worried about his virtues or demerits. I have already promised to myself that even I have to take crores of births I would accept Lord Shambhu as my husband, otherwise I would remain unmarried. I will not discard the advice of Devarishi, even if Lord Shambhu advice me to abandon the penance. I shall prostrate before you, kindly return to your hermitage, it is already late.”  Thus Jagadamba Goddess Bhavani discouraged the Saptharishis. Soon, the Saptharishis were extremely pleased with the devotion of Jagadamba and cheered ‘Hail Bhavani! Hail Jagadamba! You are the Maya of supreme Lord Shiva, you are the mother and Lord Mahadeva is the father of the Universe.” They repeatedly prostrated before the feet of Devi Bhavani and proceeded to the palace of Mount Himavan as per the advice of Lord Mahadeva.

No comments:

Post a Comment