Sunday, July 5, 2020





|| Sri Ram Jeyram Jay Jay Ram ||

Chapter – 8 – Kishkindha Kandam

The concluding part of Kishkindha Kandam - Sampathi informs the whereabouts of Devi Sita/Hanuman prepares to cross the vast ocean

Sampathi appealed to Vanaras “Oh! Vanaras kindly take me near to the seashore, I want to offer final rites for my brother, I have no physical stamina, but I can definitely help you with my words, kindly take me to the seashore so that I can offer water and sesame seeds as a final oblation to the departed soul. If you follow my instructions, you will definitely locate Devi Sita and will be successful in your mission.”


Sampathi performed the final rite of his brother, and began to speak about his life “Oh! Vanaras, listen to me, while I and Jatayu were youths, we brothers had a competition to fly high, Jatayu could not go near the Suryamandal, he has withdrawn because of the scorching heat of the Surya. I was haughty and arrogant, moved to the Suryamandal, and my wings were burned and fallen down on the Earth became helpless. I met a saintly person Chandrama, he felt pity for me. He advised me and enlightened me with the knowledge of self, thus I have got rid of the attachment to the body. Sage Chandrama advised “In the Thretha Yuga, the supreme Lord incarnates on the Earth as Rama, and his wife would get abducted by the Raksha King Ravana. Prabhu will send a huge army of Vanaras to locate Devi Sita, you will meet them and would get rid of your afflictions, and eventually, you will attain a new pair of wings. All you have to do is to instruct the Vanaras about the whereabouts of Devi Sita.” Oh! Vanaras, the words of Sage Chandrama came true, I shall guide you to locate Devi Sita and serve that supreme Bhramam with the entire possible manner. There is a marvelous city Lanka located on the hills of Trikoot. The demon king Ravana who is fearless is residing in that Trikoot, he imprisoned Devi Sita in the Ashokavatika surrounded by several demons to keep an eye on her, I could see, Devi Sita is extremely distraught but you could not get a glimpse of her with your own eyes. We eagles have extremely powerful eyesight, could witness things from several thousands of miles, I am already too old to help you. Oh! Vanaras, listen to me carefully, who can cross the hundred of Yojanas across the vast ocean, and shrewd can fulfill the task of Rama. Oh! Vanaras, Look at me, do not leave your hopes, see how did I attain fresh pairs of wings with the devotion and endurance, have faith in the grace of Rama, even the sinners attains  Moksha from the sufferings of worldly existence with the recitation of his sacred names. In this way, they cross the unfathomable ocean of worldly existence easily, you are the emissaries of Rama, do not get worried, contemplate upon the supreme Lord Rama, and do the necessary.”


Sage Kakabhushundi speaks “Oh! Garuda, in this way, Sampathi spread the light of hope in the hearts of Vanaras and disappeared from their sight. All those Vanaras began to speak about their capacity to travel skyway, but none has the courage to cross that vast ocean. Jambavan who is an elderly bear spoke “Oh! Vanaras, I am in my latter years of age now, I have not that strength like olden times.  Once, the Supreme Lord Rama who is Kharashathru has incarnated as Vamana on the Earth, and those days I was too young and powerful. The supreme Lord Vamana assumed colossal size of the body to measure the whole Universe in three strides, at that moment I have circumambulated that supreme Lord Vamana seven times.”  Angadha spoke, “I am sure I could cross this vast ocean and reach on the other side, but I am doubtful, whether I could return from there.” Jambava spoke “Oh! Angadha, you are an efficient warrior, you are the leader of Vanara, and how could we send you there?”


Rikshapathi/Jambavan looked at Hanuman and spoke “Oh! Powerful Hanuman, listen to me, why are you keeping quiet? You are the son of Vayu, and you are the storehouse of strength, intelligence, shrewdness, Viveka, and Vignana, Oh! Vathsa, tell me which is not impossible for you? You have born on this Earth to serve Rama.” Soon Hanuman assumed a colossal body, resembled another Giriraja/Mount Meru, with the golden complexion, he produced a deafening noise and spoke “I can take a huge leap across the vast ocean, I will kill Ravana and his entire clan, and pluck the hill Trikoot and bring back. Oh! Jambavan, I need your advice.” Jambavan spoke “Oh! Hanuman, you have to meet Devi Sita, convey the message of Prabhu, that’s all you have to do. The lotus-eyed Rama, Rajeevalochana would take care of the rest of the things; he will battle against Ravana and destroy his entire clan, and bring back Devi Sita. Rama with the huge army of Vanaras will battle against Ravana and bring back Devi Sita.  The deities, Sages, and Rishis would eulogize the glories of Rama who is capable to purify the three worlds. Whoever listens or recite the glorious myths of that supreme Lord Rama would attain Paramapadham.”


Sri Tulsidas Maharaj constantly contemplates upon the lotus feet of Ramachandra and sings the glorious legends of him like a honey bee.  Whoever listens or recite the glorious legends of Rama with intense devotion and faith, would get fulfilled all the desires with the grace of Raghunatha who is the destroyer of Thrishirass. Oh! Mortals, listen to the marvelous myth of Srirama who has the complexion of lustrous blue lotus, and has the effulgence that excels the crores of Manmatha, is the hunter of the flock of birds like accumulated sins.

||Ithi Sri Ramacharitha Manase Sakala kali Kalusha Vidhvamsane Chathurththa: Sopana: Samaptha: ||

No comments:

Post a Comment