Saturday, July 11, 2020


|| Sri Ram Jayram Jaya Jaya Ram ||

 

Chapter – 6 – Lanka Kandam


The conversation between Angadha and Ravana ends in huge chaos in the assembly



Ravana spoke “Oh! Vanara, I have a brother mighty Kumbhakarnna and a valorous son Indrajith, and I have won over the living and non-living things in the Universe, haven’t heard of my prowess? Oh! Fool, it was the help of Vanaras your Prabhu built a bridge across the vast ocean, is that you call valor? There are numerous species of birds fly over the ocean and reaches on the other side of the shores, which are not considered as a valorous deed. Oh! Vanara, my twenty powerful hands have the strength of the ocean, and many kings and deities, and Manushyas were lost their lives in it. Who is that powerful hero who has the strength to cross the unfathomable twenty oceans like the might of my hands? I have employed Ashtadhikpalakas to serve me. You are praising the prowess of the ordinary human. If your master is so powerful and courageous, why did he send a Vanara as an emissary before me? why didn’t he come and meet me in person? Is he shy to make a peace treaty with me? Look at my powerful hands which have shaken the Mount Kailash, and Oh! Mooda, Vanara, praise your Prabhu as you wish. I have sieved off my head into the Yagagni and pleased that Lord Shambhu, therefore who is valorous and superior to Ravana? I have attained the boon from Lord Bhrama, that I would get killed in the hands of a human which is impossible to happen. I am not at all worried about Bhrama’s boon it must have pronounced out of his ignorance. Oh! Mooda, you are shameless, you are praising an ordinary person before me.”

 


Angadha spoke “Oh! Dhashanan, you are shameless in the whole world. You are self-praising your valorous deeds, hoisted the Mount Kailash, and offered your heads in the sacrificial fire to Lord Shambhu, you have repeated these two for twenty times. You have not mentioned anything about your encounter with Sahasrabhahu and Bali, which you are keeping as secrets in your heart. Oh! Mandhdhabhuddhe, listen to me, do not talk nineteen to the dozen, do you think the person who sieved off his own head is powerful? Even a magician cut off his body into several pieces; do we address him as valorous? Oh! Dull-minded Ravana, the flies get attracted to the fire and dies in it, the donkey’s carries the load of human, but none calls them valorous. Oh! Dhashanan, leave your self-praising, listen to me, leave your pride, I have come here as an emissary of Raghava who is extremely compassionate even to his enemies, to keep you safe from the war, there is no glory for a lion in killing a jackal, I have remembered the words of my Prabhu, and I have patiently listened to your harsh words. Otherwise, I would have smacked your face and deliberately taken Devi Sita from your custodian and taken to Rama. Oh! Devashathro, I have understood your valor from the day you have abducted Devi Sita, while Prabhu was away. You are haughty and arrogant, I am the emissary of Lord Rama, I wonder how I kept quiet after listening to your harsh words against that Prabhu. I could have easily thrash you on the floor, destroy your warriors, destroy your kingdom, and I can take away your wives along with Devi Janaki. If I did that, it won’t bring any fame to me; because it is no use testing my prowess on the mortal coil.”

 


Angadha continued “Oh! Dhashanan, There are fourteen kinds of people who are dead alive 1) People who are remote from the practice of devotion and faith to supreme Lord Rama 2) The person who engages in devious acts 3) the person who is engaged in sensual pleasure and  lustful deeds 4) Person who is not interested in reading or listening to scriptures and ignorant, 5) Person who is immensely rich but miser, 6)Person who is suffering from poverty, 7) Person who is always indulge in physical well-being 8) The elderly person who always brood over past and worries about the future, 9) Person who has no sense control, easily gets angry 10) Person who has attained ill fame, 11) Person who is against Veda and enemy of ascetics and twice-born 12) Person who engages in immoral deeds, 13) Person who is soaked in material living and worldly bondage and 14) The person who engages in sinful deeds. Oh! Dhashanan, ignorant one, listen to me, this is one of the reasons I am not killing you, therefore do not rouse my anger.”



Ravana could not control his anger, bit his lips, shaken his hands vehemently on the air, and spoke “Oh! Mooda, Oh! Adhamavanara, your death is neared, even though you are small, you have preached big words. Oh! Ignorant one, you have spoken all those foolish words with the confidence that you have the support of that Tapasvi who is coward, timid, and fearful. He has no virtues or fame, that was the reason his father send him to woods. Moreover, he is besieged with the sorrow of separation from his dearest wife. He is scared of me, demons eat several humans day and night, Oh! Mooda, leave your ignorance.”

 


Angadha could not keep quiet after listening to the harsh criticism about Prabhu Raghuram. Whoever listens to the abuse on Lord Hari and Hari undergoes the sin of Gohathya. Kapikunjjara produced a defeating noise and thrashed his both the hands on the floor violently, Earth quivered, the ministers who were seated on the majestic throne fallen on the ground and lost their crowns, and flew out of the assembly hall holding breath. Ravana lost his control on the throne, shaken completely, somehow managed to regain his courage, but he could not save the marvelous crown he was adorned, it was damaged and rolled on the ground,  he picked up and kept on the head, the gems and stones of the ministers ‘ crown were flew in the gush of air from the mouth of Angadha. The Vanaras in the Suvela Mountain watched the mysterious sight of crowns and gems in the air, thought the stars falling down from the sky. They thought Ravana must have thrown Vajrayudha on Angadha, all those crowns, gems and stones were darted with great speed and fallen on the Suvela Mountain, Prabhu smiled and spoke “ Oh! Vanaras, do not feel anxious, it is not that stars or Vajrayudha, or Rahu or Kethu. It is the crowns of the ministers from the assembly of Ravana were shoved by Angadha.”



No comments:

Post a Comment