Tuesday, July 21, 2020



|| Sri Ram Jaya Ram Jaya Jaya Ram ||

 

Chapter -6 - Uththara Kandam

 

 Prabhu Sri Rama honors his guests and bade-farewell to Sugriva, Vibheeshana, Baliputhra, Hanuman, and Guha


Prabhu made arrangements for the comfortable stay of Vanaras in the palace. Sage Kakabhushundi speaks “Oh! Pakshiraja, listen to me carefully, whoever listens or recites the glorious myths of supreme Lord Ramachandra, which purifies the intellect and removes the impurities of the Jeeva, the three types of miseries/Thapathrya/attachments to people, attachments to body and attachments to material welfare, which causes the grief and miseries and worldly existences, eventually pushes the Jeeva to the vicious cycles of repeated births. Whoever listens or recites the glorious coronation ceremony of the supreme Lord Sri Ramachandra would attain Virakthi and Viveka as well. Whoever listens or recites this glorious legend to fulfill their desires would achieve the same, and enjoys the worldly pleasure which is rare even for the deities, ultimately attain the supreme abode of Lord. If this glorious myth was listened or recited by a Jeevanmuktha, or Viraktha or Vishaya Sukhasaktha would attain with devotion with the gradual practice and attain the Paramdhama of the Lord. Oh! Pakshiraja, I have narrated the Ramacharitha according to my intellect, is capable to remove the fears and anxieties of birth and death, and it destroys the miseries and sorrows of the worldly existence. It enhances the Viveka, Vikrathi and Bhakti of the worshiper, which is the safest ferry to cross the unfathomable ocean of the worldly existence.”

 


There were several festivities in the Kosalapuri on a daily basis, the people were immensely pleased, and they have achieved intense devotion at the lotus feet of supreme Lord Ramachandra whose feet are worshiped by Lord Bhrama, Lord Shambhu, deities, and Rishis and Sages. There were several charities that took place, the beggars received an abundance of wealth, and the twice-born received Go, wealth, lands, and ornaments as gifts. The Vanaras were immersed in the Bhramanandham, everyone was highly pleased and devoted to the feet of Prabhu. Thus, no one took notice of the time, six months have passed with all those auspicious festivities, Vanaras have completely forgotten their homes and families like the ascetics never think of ill for others. Raghupathi called for a meeting of his Sakhas, all of them were stood before Rama with great reverence, and Rama advised them to sit before him in a soft voice and spoke “Oh! Sakhas, you all have served me abundantly, how did I praise you in words? You have abandoned your shelter and families for me; therefore you have become beloved to me.  My brothers, Kingdom, wealth, Devi Sita, palace, and my relatives are dear to me, let me tell you the truth none of these are not as beloved as you. It is my nature, all the Masters love their sincere attendants dearly, but I love them more than that. Oh! My dear friends, kindly return to your homes, and constantly contemplate upon me, understand my all-pervasive and promising nature to all and shower your love and devotion upon me.” Those Vanaras forgot their existence listening to the most pleasing words of Prabhu, they have forgotten the place and the zone as well. They stood with folded hands, looked at Prabhu without blinking their eyes. Prabhu imparted the highest of the knowledge of Paramarththa, to them. They were speechless; they repeatedly stared at the lotus feet of Prabhu. Further, Prabhu ordered for precious ornaments and finest garments, Bharatha adorned Sugriva with the finest garments and ornaments with his own hands. Lakshman adorned Vibheeshana with all those finest ornaments and clothes, Raghuveera immensely pleased watching them. Angadha did not move an inch from his seat; Prabhu noticed his contentment, did not call him. Raghunatha adorned Hanuman and Jambavan with finest clothes and jewels, they drank that marvelous form of the Prabhu through their eyes and fixed in their hearts, they repeatedly prostrated before Prabhu.

 


Angadha rose from his seat with folded hands, head hung down, tears overflowing, began to speak nectar-like words “ Oh! Prabhu, Sarvajja, Kripasindho, Anandharoopa, Dheenadhayala, Arththabandho, listen to me. Bali left me under your protection before his death, Oh! Prabhu who is most promising to devotees, kindly do not abandon me, you have taken the promise to protect people who take shelter at your lotus feet. You are my Lord, Father, Mother, and preceptor as well, I have no other shelters in this Universe, I have taken shelter at your lotus feet. Oh! Naresh, kindly understand, what did I do in my home without you? What is there for me in your absence? Kindly protect the child of yours, I am powerless, ignorant, pathetic, and I have no knowledge. I shall perform all those lowly tasks in the palace contemplating upon your lotus feet; in this way, I can cross the ocean of the worldly existence.” Angadha fell at the feet of Prabhu and took hold of it. “Oh! Swami, Oh! Prabho kindly protects me; kindly do not ask me to return home.” The most compassionate Lord with tears in his eyes raised Angadha, and embraced him. He adorned the ornaments from his chest to Angadha, and covered Angadha with the upper clothes from his shoulder, pacified Angadha, and sends him back to Kishkindha. Angadha’s heart was filled in love for Rama. Thus, the Vanaras and Vibheeshana prepared to leave Ayodhya, was accompanied by Bharatha, Lakshman, and Shathrughna. Angadha looked back several times with teary eyes on Prabhu, to get a glance of that Lord and repeatedly prostrated, with a yearning that Rama would call him back. Angadha remembered the Prabhu’s pleasing smile, and casual conversation with everyone, and moved forward. Bharatha, Lakshman, and Shathrughna returned to the palace after sending their very special guests back to their homes. At that moment, Hanuman prostrated before Sugriva and spoke “Oh! Prabhu, kindly give me permission to stay with Lord Ramachandra and serve him for another few days and after that, I will return to Kishkindha.” Sugriva readily agreed to him “Oh! Pavanakumara, you are the storehouse of fortune, go back and serve that Kripanidhi.” And all the Vanaras left, Angadha stood before Hanuman and spoke with folded hands “Oh! Hanuman, kindly informs my salutations to Prabhu.” And Baliputhra returned with the crowd of Vanaras. Hanuman returned to Prabhu and spoke highly about the devotion of Angadha, after listening to those, Prabhu immersed in a state of bliss.

 

 

Sage Kakabhushundi speaks “Oh! Pakshiraja, the heart of Prabhu Ramachandra is harder than Vajra and softer than the flowers. Who will be able to understand that?”Rama called for Nishadharaja and offered finest ornaments and clothes to him, and spoke affectionately “Oh! Nishadharaja, kindly returns to your home and always meditate upon me, and perform all the tasks righteously by word, mind, and deed. Oh! Sakha, you are like my brother Bharatha, and you should make frequent visits to Ayodhya.” Guha felt immensely pleased, shed tears, and fell at the feet of Prabhu, he returned to Shrungaberipura contemplating upon Prabhu, later he detailed all the festivities took place in the city of Ayodhya to the tribal clan.


No comments:

Post a Comment