Saturday, July 4, 2020



||Sri Ram Jeyram Jay Jay Ram ||

Chapter – 3 - Kishkindha Kandam

 The vicious battle between Sugriva and Bali/Bali Moksham

Sugriva spoke “Oh! Raghunatha, listen to me, Bali is extremely powerful and skilled on the battlefield.” He showed a heap of the skeleton of Dhundhubi, and seven palm trees to Rama. Raghunatha cut off them effortlessly with a single shot of an arrow. Sugriva highly appreciated the prowess of Rama, and believed that Rama could kill Bali easily; Sugrivah repeatedly prostrated before Rama and highly praised his archery skills. Kapeeshwara became extremely happy watching the progress of the friendship between them.  Sugriva spoke “Oh! Prabho, I am feeling serene with your grace and I shall remain your sincere servant always. The intellectuals and Sadhus say the attachment to the house; wife, children, attachment to fame, companion, relatives, pride, etc. are the hindrance to enhance Bhakti on your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, I shall abandon all those and serve you. The powerful Maya creates enemies-friends, happiness, and sorrow, which have no existence, and in fact, there is no duality. Bali is a close friend of mine, it was his grace I have to live in Mount Rishyamooka, and hence I could meet Prabhu who is the destroyer of grief and miseries. The powerful Maya works like a dream of fighting on the battlefield, soon after getting out of sleep feel embarrassed. Oh! Prabho, I shall abandon the interest in all those material comforts and bondage, and surrender to you. Kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me.” Rama who is Dhanushpani smiled at Sughrivah, pleased to see him prepared to abandon everything and live like Vairagin.


Rama spoke “Oh! Sakha, you have spoken the truth, my promise to you will not be untrue.” Sage Kakabhushundi speaks to Garuda “ Oh! Pakshiraja, The Veda eulogizes that Rama who persuades whoever he meets, like the owner of Vanara who teaches various tricks to it, act before the public. Raghunatha wielded in bow and arrow, took Sugriva with him and instructed him to fight against Bali. Sugriva produced huge roar before the palace Bali, revealing his presence to battle against Bali, with the confidence that he has Rama to protect him. Bali rushed out of the palace in extreme rage was stopped by his highly intelligent wife Tara and prostrated before him, and pleaded “Oh! Natha, Sugrivah has the strong support of the mighty brothers; they are extremely valorous in the battlefield. They are the sons of King Dhasharatha of Kosala, Rama and Lakshmana are capable to win over Yama in the battlefield.” Bali sarcastically laughed at her and spoke “Oh! Priya, fearful one, Raghunatha is impartial, If he killed me in the battle I would attain his Paramdhama, and he is my supreme Lord.” The haughty Bali stepped out of the palace and the two brothers had an intense fight, Bali threatened Sugriva with the power of his hands and boisterous voice, he got a smack with the powerful hands of Bali, it was like the weapon Vajra. Sugriva perplexed and ran towards Rama, and spoke “Oh! Prabho, he is not my brother, oh! Raghuveera, Oh! Kripalu, he is my death.” Rama replied “Oh! Sugriva, you both the brothers look alike, that is the reason I am not killing Bali.” Rama patted on the back of Sugrivah, instantly his body has achieved the hardness of Vajra, all his pains flew away. Rama adorned him with a flower garland and sends him to fight against Bali; once again Sugrivah had a fierce battle with Bali and Raghurama who stood behind a tree watching the vicious battle. Sugriva utilized all his prowess to fight against Bali were miserably failed, Raghuram who was watching the same standing behind the tree shot an arrow against Bali, it pierced the heart of Bali and he fell down on the ground with a huge thud.

Bali quivered in pain, seated on the ground, and saw Prabhu who has dark cloud complexion, matted hair locks, reddish eyes, wielded in bow and arrow. Bali looked at the Prabhu and contemplated upon the lotus feet of Rama, he realized that he has attained the fruitfulness of his life. Bali’s heart was full of love for Rama, but words were difficult to come out and those were harsh. Bali spoke “Oh! Prabho, you have incarnated on the Earth to reinstate the Dharma, but you have killed me like a hunter, Sugrivah became your companion and I have become your enemy, what did I do to you? Why did you hunt me down?” Rama spoke “Oh! Wicked, listen to me carefully.  The righteous people always treat the wife of brother, sister, daughter-in-law, and daughter, with respect and humility. Whoever mistreats or put an evil eye on the wife of brother, sister, daughter-in-law, and daughter is deserved to kill, and there is no sin in killing those sinners. Oh! Fool, you are arrogant and proud, so you did not pay attention to the advice of your dear wife. You are aware that your brother has taken shelter in me, still, your haughtiness did not stop you to fight against him and you were prepared to kill him.”

Bali spoke “Oh! Rama, listen to me, I am aware that my intelligence cannot win over my Lord. Oh! Prabho, although I have taken shelter at your lotus feet at the final moments in my life, will you consider me as a sinner?” Rama patted Bali affectionately and spoke, “I shall make your body immortal.” Bali spoke “ Oh! Kripanidhe, listen to me, ascetics and Sadhus constantly contemplate upon your lotus feet, and perform various austerities, finally while leaving the mortal coil, they become helpless to recollect you. Lord Shankara whispers your name on the ears of the Jeeva while leaving the mortal coil, and eventually attains the Mukthi, I have seen that supreme Lord before me, I won’t get a good opportunity like this again in my life. I am fortunate to see that Prabhu who is sought after by the Munishwaras with extreme austerities, penance, good sense control, and control over Prana, even though it is difficult to attain for them. The Veda and scriptures describe that supreme Lord as ‘Nethi Nethi’. Oh! Prabhu, who is compassionate and Kalpavruksha to your devotees, kindly shower your grace upon me and give me a boon as I have desired. Oh! Prabho, kindly bless me to have intense devotion and faith at your lotus feet in all my births. My son Angadha has might and humility like me, Oh! Kalyanapradha kindly accept him, Oh! Suranareshwara, hold his hands always, and keep him as your sincere servant.” Thus, Bali left his mortal coil effortlessly, like the garland that slipped out of the neck of the elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment