Saturday, July 11, 2020




|| Sri Ram Jayram Jaya Jaya Ram ||

 

Chapter – 5 – Lanka Kandam


 The conversation between Angadha and Ravana - 1


Ravana spoke “Oh! Little Vanara, speak politely, Oh! Dull-minded I am the enemy of deities, tell me the name of you and your father. What was that friendship with me and your father? Don’t you know I am the enemy of deities?” Angadha spoke politely “Oh! Dhashanan, I am Angadha, son of Bali. Haven’t seen him before?” The answers to Ravana put him in extreme uneasiness and spoke “Yes I remember, there was a mighty Vanara in the name of Bali. Are you the son of that Bali? Then you have born as fire to your clan like the cluster of Bamboo trees. You will bring destruction to your clan, why you did not die from your mother’s womb? You should be ashamed to introduce yourself as an emissary of a Thapasvi, your life has become futile. Where is Bali? Is he fine?” Angadha laughed and replied “ Oh! Dhashanan, in ten days of time, you will be with Bali, and then you can embrace him and ask his welfare, he will describe the results of enmity with Raghukulanayaka. Oh! Wicked, listen to me, the heart where there is no love and devotion for Rama is polluted. Yes, I am the destructor of my clan, you have twenty hands and ten heads after all these are you the proctor of your clan? Even the deaf or dumb won’t agree with that. How did I bring destruction to my clan? I have taken shelter at the lotus feet of Lord Ramachandra who is worshiped by Lord Bhrama, Lord Maheshwara, Rishis and Sages, and makes their life fruitful. I am the emissary of that supreme Lord Raghunayaka, it is surprising to watch that your heart is not exploding with your swollen pride.”

 


Ravana could not control his rage and speak “Oh! Wicked Vanara, I have learned the Neethishasthra and Dharmashastra thoroughly, that was the reason I have to abide with you.” Angadha replied “Oh! Dhashanan, I know your knowledge in Dharmashasthra, you have proved your knowledge in Shastra by abducting the chaste woman Devi Sita. I have heard of your attitude to the emissaries, you are aware of Dharmashasthra that was the reason you have protected your sister who has lost ears and nose in the hands of Lakshman, you have forgiven the mistake of  your sister, therefore your knowledge in Dharmashastra is well known to all. I am fortunate to have your Dharshan.” Ravana got annoyed “Oh! Vanarashada, Oh! Jadajantho, do not gibber, look at my twenty powerful hands, it is capable to arrest the Dikpalakas, I have lifted the Shambhu Parvath Mount Kailash with my hands, like the swan in the Akashasaras. Oh! Angadha listen to me, who is that powerful warrior capable to fight against me in your army? Your Lord Raghunatha is already weak, besieged with the pain of separation from his wife. His brother is already besieged with the sorrow of his brother, you and Sugriva are like the trees on the riverside, which has no existence at all, can be uprooted with the massive flood. My brother Vibheeshana is fearful natured, your minister elderly Jambavan cannot even stand in the battlefield due to old age. The two Vanara brother Nala and Neela are great architectures; undoubtedly there is a mighty Vanara who have great prowess, who burned the city of Lanka.” Angadha replied “Oh! Rakshasa Raja, don’t you remember a Vanara burned the city of Lanka? Oh! Ravana, that mighty Vanara is just a plain minister of Sugriva, he came here to collect the information about Devi Sita. Oh! Ravana, I am not worried or angry, we have no plans or there is no one in our army to fight against you, it is our principle not to fight against people who have equal strength. No one speaks highly about if the lion kills the frog, therefore it is sinful and below status for Rama to kill you. Oh! Ravana, I shall tell you the truth, it is unbearable to face the enmity of Kshatriyas.” In this way, Angadha passed several sarcastic comments on Ravana and roused his anger, it hurt his pride.

 

 

Ravana handled all those funniest remarks of Angadha, laughed loudly, and replied “The Vanaras are sincere to their Masters, they do all they can to serve their Master. You are shameless Vanaras dance to the tune of your Master. You Vanaras dance and perform various tricks to entertain the public and save your Master. Oh! Angadha, your clans are sincere servants of Masters. I respect virtues; I did not take your mockery on me seriously.” Angadha spoke “Oh! Dhashanan,  I have heard from Vayuputhra, who brilliantly explained your nature, he destroyed your pleasure gardens, killed your son, he burned down your city, he should not blame for it. Oh! Ravana, I have not done the right thing to make you understand the aftereffects of the war with that Prabhu. You have no shame, or hatred because you are so brutal, capable to kill and eat your father.” Ravana laughed out loud and said “ I will consider you are my next prey after killing my father. I have a thought in me Oh! Adhama, Oh! Abhimani, I am not killing you because you are the dearest son of famous Bali.” Angadha speaks “ Oh! Dhashanan, I shall narrate your prowess, listen to me, once a Ravana went to Pathal Loka to meet Bali and conquered him, was caught by the children, and tide him in the stable, and bet him harshly. Later, Bali arrived and saw that Ravana, felt pity, and released him. Further, Ravana was arrested by Sahasrabahu, thinking a unique creature was released by Sage Pulasthya. It is shameful to speak that Ravana stuck into the armpit of Bali. Oh! Ravan, do not get angry at me, which Ravana are you?”

 

Ravana speaks “Oh! Mooda, listen to me, I am that powerful Ravana who hoisted the Mount Kailash, I have offered my head as flowers in the fire sacrificial to Umapathi. I have several times worshiped Thripurari and offered my head as a flower to him. I have plucked my heads with these powerful hands; even the Dikpalakas know my prowess. The greatness of my broad chest is known to that Ashtadhigajjas, whenever I fought with them they have lost their powerful tooth that could cause only minor wounds on my chest, I have plucked their tooth out courageously. The Earth quivers while I walk, like the untamed elephant on the ferry, I am that mighty Ravana, whose prowess is known to the three worlds, have you heard of him? Oh! Vanara, you are talking ill about that Ravana and praising an ordinary human. Oh! Vanara, you are weak and wicked as well, I have measured the sharpness of your tongue.” Angada could not control his anger, he spoke “ Oh! Adhama, Oh! Abhimani, Oh! Mooda, how did you consider Rama as an ordinary human? Do you know the prowess of that mighty Parashurama, who chopped off the thousands of hands of Sahasrabhahu, and killed numerous wicked Kshatriyas on the Earth, that valorous Parashurama’s pride was crushed before Rama, Oh! Arrogant, and wicked Ravana, You do not know the power of the cupid arrows of Manmatha, the sanctity of Devanadhi Ganga and compassion of  Kamadhenu, you don’t know the glory of Kalpavruksha, you do not know the significance of charity of meals, what do you know about the splendor of nectar, do you think Garuda is an ordinary bird? Do you think the thousand hooded Adhishesha is an ordinary serpent? Do you think the precious Chinthamani is an ordinary stone? Oh! Mandhabudhdhe, listen to me do you think the Vaikunda is an ordinary abode, do you think it is easy to obtain intense devotion and faith at the lotus feet of Sri Hari? Oh! Dhashanan, listen to me, the mighty Hanuman, a  Vanara destroyed your pride and numerous army of demons, he ruined your pleasure garden and burned the city of Lanka, killed your son Akshakumara, is he an ordinary Vanara? Oh! Ravana, leave your pride and take shelter at the lotus feet of Prabhu, Oh! Wicked Ravana, if you do not take shelter in the compassionate Lord Rama, you cannot save yourself even from Lord Bhrama or Lord Shambhu. If you continue enmity with Raghurama, he will sieve off your head before those Vanaras, and all those Vanaras and bears will play like a ball with your head. If Rama gets angry on the battlefield, you cannot save yourself from him, therefore, understand my words and contemplate that Paramathma Lord Rama.” The most intellectual words of Angadha were worked like ghee poured into the fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment