Monday, July 13, 2020



|| Sri Ram Jayram Jaya Jaya Ram ||

 

Chapter – 12 – Lanka Kandam


 Hanuman's encounter with the demon Kalanemi/ Hanuman uprooted the mountain of herb and while returning on the skyways meeting with Bharatha/ Lakshman regain consciousness


Lord Shankara speaks “Oh! Parvathi, listen to me carefully, the supreme Lord whose anger causes the destruction of the fourteen worlds at the end of Kalpa,  is worshiped by deities, Rishis, Sages, Manushyas, and all the living and non-living things, cannot be defeated in the battlefield. It can be understood with the grace of that Supreme Lord Ramachandra. It was evening hours, all those warriors returned to their respective shelter places. The Supreme Lord who is absolute Bhramam enquired for Lakshman, in the meantime, Hanuman brought Lakshman on his shoulder, seeing Lakshman in an unconscious state, Prabhu could not control his grief. Jambavan spoke “Oh! Prabho, there is a well-known physician Sushena in the city of Lanka kindly sends someone to bring him immediately.” Hanuman assumed a tiny form and went to Lanka, effortlessly plucked the house of  Shushena, and placed it before Prabhu.

 


Sushena fallen at the feet of Prabhu and informed the name of the herb and the availability of the same, that could bring back the life of Lakshman, he spoke to Vayuputhra “Oh! Vayuputhra, kindly bring the herb at the earliest before the daylight.” Hanuman prostrated before Ramachandra, and set out in search of the herb.   On the other side, one of the demons informed the news to Ravana about the state of Lakshman, he rushed to the house of Kalanemi and informed about Hanuman’s search for the herb. Kalanemi advised Ravana “Oh! Prabho, those powerful Vanaras burned down your Kingdom before your eyes, it is impossible to fight against them. Listen to my advice, do not keep enmity with the Prabhu Raghuram, contemplate that supreme Lord Raghu, and meditate upon that Prabhu who has dark cloud complexion and has the most lovely appearance pleasing to eyes. Kindly leave your haughtiness, and foolish thought of “me, myself and mine,” wake up from the night of Mahamoha, he is supreme Lord who symbolizes Kala, how could you win over him? Not even in your dreams.” Ravana could not control his anger, Kalanemi thought “This wicked Ravana swollen with pride and sin, waiting to meet his death in the hands of Prabhu, it is good for me to meet my death in the hands of that Prabhu.”

 


Kalanemi created a beautiful pond, shrine, and pleasure garden with his Mayavidhya. Vayuputhra traveled on the skyways thought to take shelter in the shrine and quench thirst, Kalanemi disguised in the form of an ascetic was seated in the shrine, and persuaded the sincere attendant of Mayapathi. Vayuputhra prostrated before the ascetic, Kalanemi started singing in praise of the virtues of Raghuram. “Oh! Vayuputhra, I could sense the battle between Raghurama and Ravana, there is no doubt that Ram will win the battle, I can witness all those from here because I am aware of all.” Hanuman asked for water was handed his vessel, Hanuman said “Oh! Mune, my thirst won’t go away with the water in your vessel.” Kalanemi advised “Oh! Kapeeshwara, go to the nearby pond, quench your thirst and take a bath.  I shall give you Deeksha, return immediately that would give you supreme wisdom.”

 


Hanuman entered the pond, felt something caught hold of his leg, and it was a female crocodile. Hanuman killed the crocodile, immediately it assumed the form of a beautiful celestial Apsara, before leaving in a celestial vehicle, she spoke “Oh! Kapeeshwara, you have removed the curse of a sage, I have got freed from all the sins, Oh! Vanaraveera, the ascetic you have met is a dreadful demon disguised in the form of a Tapasvi.” Thus the Aspsara left to her abode. Hanuman approached the Rakshasa who was disguised in the form of an ascetic and spoke “Oh! Mune, kindly receive your Gurudhakshina, after that you can give me advice.” Hanuman increased the length of his tail and coiled him, and thrashed him on the floor before death Kalanemi assumed his original form and uttered “Rama Rama” and left his mortal coil. Hanuman felt immensely pleased and left the hermitage. He set foot on the mountain to collect the herb, but could not recognize the herb Sushena was instructed. He remembered he has no time left, so he uprooted the whole mountain, and kept it on his palm, and traveled on the skyways of the city of Ayodhya.

 


Bharatha who was settled in Nadhagau after returning from the Chitrakoot, found a massive form flying on the sky, mistook it is a demon, shot an arrow against Hanuman. He fell down with a loud thud calling “Ram Ram” Bhartha rushed to Vanara listening to the cries calling for Rama; he embraced Hanuman and made all efforts to bring him back to consciousness. Bharatha became devastated, shed tears of grief "the grief of separation from Rama did not leave me yet, it keeps giving me anguish again and again. If I have sincere devotion at the lotus feet of Raghupathi, if I am devoted to Rama with mind, actions and words, if Raghupathi is promising to me, let all those pains of Vanara disappear.” These words rushed to the ears of Hanuman; soon, he got out as if from the deep sleep uttering “Jai Kosaladheesha”. Bharatha embraced Hanuman affectionately and shed tears, he remembered the compassion of Raghukulathilaka, could not control the rush of emotions.

 


Bharatha enquired “Oh! Sakha, How is Rama who is supreme bliss, mother Janaki, and my brother Lakshman? Hanuman described all that happened to Rama in brief, Bharatha could not control his grief, felt sad “ Oh! Lord, why did I take birth in this world? I am not able to help that Prabhu in any of his troubles.” Soon he regained courage and spoke to Hanuman “ I do not want to create any delay to your journey back to Suvela mountain, should not wait for the daybreak, kindly be seated on my arrow with that Sanjeevini mountain on your palm, I shall assist you to reach your destination in no time.” Kapivara thought how an arrow flies with my weight and mountain; he contemplated upon Prabhu Ram, and prostrated before Bharatha and spoke “Oh! Prabhu, I remember your splendor and reach to my destination” Thus, he prostrated before Bharatha and bade farewell. On his way, Hanuman remembered the kindness of Bharatha and highly appreciated the sincere devotion of Bharatha to Lord Rama, his prowess, virtues, humility, kindness, and courage, etc.

 


Rama kept Lakshman on his lap and wept bitterly like an ordinary human, it was midnight, they were expecting the arrival of Hanuman, Rama embraced Lakshman repeatedly, and shed tears “Oh! Brother, you do not like to see me in grief, you do not want to see me in troubles, you have left your parents for me and followed me to woods, and you have been very loving and kind always. You have undertaken all those troubles living in the woods; you have lived in extreme heat, cold, and wind, all those harsh climatic conditions in the wood. Oh! Thatha, why are you not responding to me? Where is that your love for me? If I was known this before, I would not take up a journey to wood, or followed my father’s promise. All those relationships come and go in life, but a devoted brother like you will not be born again. Oh! Dear brother, kindly open your eyes, look at me. How did a bird live without wings? How did a serpent live without its gem on its forehead? How did an elephant lose its trunk live in peace? Oh! Thatha, I cannot live without you, but my fate forced me to live like a dead in your absence. How did I return to Ayodhya without you? How did I say that I have sacrificed my brother to locate my wife? I would have preferred to return without my wife and proved my weakness before everyone. Oh! Brother, I cannot control the grief of losing a devoted brother, and failed to locate my wife, how did I console your mother who has lost her lonely son? She has readily offered all your responsibilities to me, she was quite sure that I will take good care of you and I will be promising to you always. What did I say when I return from the woods? Oh! Brother, kindly open your eyes and answer to my queries.” in this way, the Supreme Lord who is the destroyer of sorrows, repeatedly grieved and tears overflown down the cheeks.

 


Lord Mahadeva speaks “Oh! Uma, Sri Ramachandra Prabhu is eternal, incarnated on the earth for the welfare of the Jeeva. The Vanaras and bears seated around Prabhu were sunk in deep sorrow. Shortly, the appearance of Hanuman brought great relief and happiness to all; Rama rushed to Hanuman and embraced him. The Supreme Lord who is Paramajjyani is grateful always.  The physician Sushena applied the herb on Lakshman, immediately Lakshman got out of the deep sleep, and embraced Rama. All those Vanaras and bears were extremely happy. Hanuman carried back Shushena along with his home and restored it in the city of Lanka.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment