Thursday, July 9, 2020






||Sri Ram Jeyram Jai Jai Ram||

Chapter – 10 – Sundara Kandam


Vibheeshana Sharanagathi


Lord Mahadeva speaks “Oh! Parvathi, whoever disrespects or mistreat the saintly and ascetics, would meet their death miserably. Oh! Parvathi, whoever humiliates righteous, noble, ascetics and saintly men would lose all their happiness and wealth instantly. Ravana became unfortunate the moment he lost the support of righteous Vibheeshana who continued to travel on the skyways with his ministers, contemplating upon that supreme Lord Rama, he immersed in various thoughts “ I will take shelter at that lotus feet of Supreme Lord, which is the source of supreme bliss, it has the color of the red lotus flower, which removed the curse of Devi Ahalya, who is the wife sage Gauthama.   It purified the sinful Dhandakavana, is locked in the heart of Devi Janaki, those lotus feet that chased the Mayamriga, resides in the lotus-like heart of Lord Shambhu. I am an extremely fortunate one, to witness those lotus feet of Rama. I take shelter at those lotus feet, which is the dwelling place of the mind of Bharatha.” In this way, Vibheesha was immersed in various thoughts that multiplied his enthusiasm and reached on the other side of the shore, where Rama and his armies were settled.

 


The Vanaras noticed the arrival of Vibheesha who is from the enemy Kingdom, therefore they did not allow him to meet Rama, they blocked him on the entry itself, and conveyed the message to Rama, Sugriva informed Raghupathi “Oh! Rama, listen to me, the brother of Ravana  has arrived to meet you.” Prabhu spoke “ Oh! Sugriva, what did you think of his visit?” Kapeeshwara spoke “Oh! Naresh,  listen to me, it is difficult to understand the nature of these demons wielded in Maya, no one knows the purpose of his visit, they have the capabilities to assume the form as they wish, most probably he would have come to check on us and find out the secrets of us. I think we should imprison him immediately.” Rama spoke “Oh! Sakha, you are thinking as written in the Neethishashtra, but I have a different promise to myself that whoever takes shelter in me would be protected. Oh! Sugriva, it is wrong to suspect or discard the person who has taken shelter in you, if so, they are considered as ignorant, and witnessing these kinds of people will bring sins. ” Hanuman became extremely happy listening to the compassionate words of Prabhu.

 


Rama continues “Oh! Sugriva, even though if a person killed crores of Bhraman and took shelter in me, cannot be abandoned. Whoever takes an initiative to step towards me would get rid of their sins committed in the crores of births; a sinner stays away from me. If Vibheeshana was wicked like Ravana, will he try to meet me? It is impossible to meet me for the wicked people, he is pure-hearted that’s the reason he has arrived to meet me. The righteous, noble, and pious people attain me very easily. Oh! Kapeeshwara, I hate deceitfulness, wickedness, and ill speaking about others. Even if Ravana sends him to know our secrets, we have nothing to lose or fear. Oh! Vanararaja, Lakshmana is highly skilled in battlefields, is capable to destroys the demons in the entire world in no time. If Vibheeshana has come to take shelter in me, I would definitely protect him and will consider him dear as my life. Therefore bring him before me.”

 


The Vanaras and Angadha and Hanuman cheered “Jai Kripalu Jai Sri Ramachandra’ and returned to Vibheeshana. Thus the Vanaras brought Vibheeshana before Prabhu. Vibheeshana saw that magnificent form of the two brothers, which is highly pleasing to eyes, he looked at Rama and stood like a pillar, without blinking eyes. The Supreme Lord who has the complexion of dark clouds, great stature, beautiful eyes resembles lotus flower petals, is the destroyer of fear and anxieties of people who contemplates upon him. He has powerful shoulders, conch shaped neck, broad chest, and his lustrous face excels the beauty of numerous Kamadeva. Vibheesha shed tears of joy, elevated to the state of ecstasy, and began to speak in a soft tone “Oh! Prabho, I am a younger brother to Ravana, Oh! Devarakshaka, as I have born in the clan of demons, my nature is Tamasik, loves to remain in the darkness like owl, and sinful natured. Oh! Bhagavan, I have repeatedly listened to your glorious nature, and you are the protector of Jeeva from the unfathomable ocean of worldly existence, Oh! Raghuveera, I shall surrender at your lotus feet. Oh! Pranatharththihari, who is the provider of supreme bliss, kindly, protects me.” Vibheesha’s eyes overflown with tears running down the cheeks, fallen at the feet of Raghunatha, and wept bitterly like a child. Prabhu raised Vibheeshana from his feet and embraced him, he made him seated next to him and spoke in beautiful words “Oh!Lankesha, are you happy in and around that wicked demons in Lanka? How’s your family? Oh! Sakha, you are living in the middle of wicked people, how did you perform the daily rites while living with them? It is surprising; I know your nature very well. You are righteous and impartial, and truthful as well. Oh! Dear Vibheeshana, it is better to heave in hell instead of living with the wicked people.”

 


Vibheeshana speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Raghava, you have showered extreme compassion and considered me as your Dasa, I have the fortune to take shelter at your lotus feet, and therefore I am extremely happy. Oh! Bhagavan, whoever does not abandon the worldly desires and bondage which is the prime cause of grief, and contemplate upon supreme Lord Rama, cannot live in happiness, not even in their dreams. The Lobham, Moham, Madha, Krodha, and Ashcharya remain in an individual until he takes the shelter at the lotus feet of Rama who is wielded in powerful bow and arrow. The excessive lust and desire in the worldly matters are like darkness of the night, Ragadhveshas are owl takes pleasure in that darkness of the night, and it resides in the heart of the individuals until the supreme brilliance of Surya like devotion to the Lord settles in it. Oh! Prabho, my heart, and mind is extremely serene after witnessing your lotus feet, all my fears have vanished. Oh! Prabho, your compassionate grace would remove the Thapathraya of the Jeeva, I am a Rakshasa by birth, and have all those wicked nature in me, although I have attained the fortune to remain in the embrace of Prabhu, which is extremely difficult even for the saintly men and ascetics who undertakes strict austerities and penances and find it difficult envision that charismatic form in their minds. Oh! Rama, Oh! Anandaroopi, Oh! Kripanidhi, I have attained the fruitfulness of my life, I have taken shelter at the lotus feet of that Prabhu who is worshiped by Lord Bhrama, Lord Vishnu and Lord Maheshwara.”


No comments:

Post a Comment