Tuesday, July 7, 2020




|| Sri Ram Jeyram Jay Jay Ram ||

 

Chapter – 3 – Sundara Kandam


 The conversation between Hanuman and Devi Sita 


Hanuman took a seat on the branch of the same Ashoka tree where Devi Sita seated underneath, hid under the cluster of leaves, thought of what to do to remove the grief of Devi Janaki.  Soon, there arrived Ravana accompanied by beautiful women adorned in various precious ornaments and finest garments. Ravana used all his tricks on Devi Janaki with Samam, Dhanam, Bhayam, Bhedham, and tried to persuade her, “Oh! Sumukhi, Oh! Intelligent one, listen to me, I promise you, if you look at me once, I will appoint Mandodhari and other queens as your sincere attendants.” Devi Sita plucked grass from the ground and placed it before Ravana, she contemplated Ayodhyapathi for a while and spoke “ Oh! Dhashamukha, listen to me, a lotus flower cannot bloom in the light of a firefly, Oh! Fool, you are not aware of the powerful arrows of Rama, you have brought me here while he was away, Oh! Wicked, you are shameless, you are a sinner.” Ravana got infuriated listening Devi Sita’s comparison to him as a firefly,  could not control his anger, took out the powerful sword to sieve her head off. “Oh! Sita, you are disrespecting me, I will chop off your head with this powerful sword, Oh! Sundari, follow my order immediately, otherwise, you will lose your life.” Devi Sita spoke fearlessly “Oh! Dhashamukha, you are not aware of the prowess of my Lord Rama, his hands have the loveliness of lotus stem, and long like the trunk of an elephant. Oh! Fool, those powerful hands are enough to take the life out of you, Oh! Chandrahasa/sword of Lord Shiva kindly removes my pain of separation from Raghava, you are absolutely fierce and cool, kindly destroy the bunch of my grief.” Ravana prepared to attack Devi Sita was stopped by Devi Mandodhari who is the beautiful daughter of Maya. She pacified Ravana, and protected him from grave sin. Ravana ordered the female demons assembled “Oh! Demons, threaten Devi Sita, she should follow my order in a month, and otherwise, I will take her life.” Thus Ravana returned to his palace, the female demons of dreadful appearance threatened Devi Sita and poured harsh words on her, eventually it multiplied her grief.

 


There was a female demon Thrijata, who was a passionate devotee of Rama and daughter of Vibheeshana. She was intelligent, she called for all her female companions, and narrated the dream she had in deep sleep, and advised them to protect Devi Sita and serve her sincerely. Thrijata spoke “Oh! Ladies, I have seen a dream in that a valorous Vanara burned the city of Lanka, killed numerous army of Ravana, I have also witnessed Ravana whose head was completely shaven, lost twenty hands, mounted on a donkey and proceeding to southwards. The city of Lanka became under the possession of Vibheeshana, and the whole city of Lanka was celebrating the victory of Lord Rama over Ravana.  Further, Rama instructs the army of Vanara to produce Devi Sita before him. Oh! Ladies, I declare that this dream would become true in a few days.” All the female demons got terrified remembering afflictions given to Devi Janaki and fallen at her feet for forgiveness, and quietly moved on their way.

 


Devi Sita immersed in various thoughts “It is quite sure that this wicked Ravana will kill me after a month.” She spoke to Thrijata with folded hands “Oh! Mother, you are the only one promising to me and protected me during my troubled times, kindly advise me the easiest way to get rid of my body, I cannot bear the pain of separation from Raghuveera, kindly bring some wood pieces to a create a pile and sacrifice my life, and kindly assist me to prove my love for my Lord. It’s unbearable to listen to the piercing words of Ravana.” Thrijata fell at the feet of Devi Sita, and began to narrate the endless prowess and splendor of Raghupathi, and pacified her “ Oh! Sukumari, listen to me, it is impossible to create a pile of woods in the night hours.” And Thrijata returned to her home. Devi Sita spoke to herself “My fate is against me, I am helpless, not able to kill myself or get rid of the grief of pain from the separation of my Lord. I could see the stars blinking in the sky, but not falling one on the Earth, even the Chandra is not kind to me. Oh! Ashokavruksha, kindly listen to my cries, remove my grief, and prove your nature.” In this way, Devi Sita shed tears in extreme grief of separation from Prabhu. Hanuman who was seated on the branch of Ashokavruksha felt every moment as Yuga.

 

Hanuman immersed in thoughts, soon he dropped the ring imprinted the name of Rama in it. It was like Devi Sita’s prayers were answered, as if Ashokavruksha fulfilled her desire; she picked up the ring immediately. She saw the name of Rama on it, could not control joy, once again she became desperate “who can win over Lord Rama who is unconquerable? Definitely, this ring belongs to Rama, cannot be created with the Maya.” Shortly, she could hear a melodious voice singing in praise of Rama and his virtues, it removed all her exhaustion and grief, she completely wrapped into the legend of Rama singing melodiously and wondered “Why the person who sung in praise of virtues of Rama is not visible? Am I dreaming or it’s real?” Hanuman appeared before Devi Sita with folded hands and spoke “Oh! Mother, Oh! Devi Janaki, I am the messenger of Lord Rama, I promise on the compassionate Lord Rama, kindly believe my words. I have brought this ring, Prabhu instructed me to give this ring to you.” Devi Sita enquired “How did Nara and Vanara become companions?” Hanuman explained all that happened in detail to Devi Sita. She felt highly pleased with the devotion of Hanuman, thus she has understood Kapeeshwara is a sincere servant of Rama, by his word, deeds, and mind.

 


Devi Janaki felt immensely pleased to know Hanuman is a passionate devotee of Lord Srihari, her eyes filled with tears, overflown through the cheeks, and spoke “Oh! Hanuman, you are like a ferry to me, I was sinking in the ocean of grief. Kindly narrate the welfare of Rama and his beloved brother Lakshman. Why Rama who is kind-hearted did turn so hard to me? Raghava is the source of happiness to his devotee, is he remembering me? Oh! Hanuman will I get the opportunity to watch that dark-complexioned and beautiful limbs of Rama to take pleasure with my eyes?” her eyes overflown with tears, voices broken and wept bitterly “Oh! Prabho, you have forgotten me completely.” Hanuman saw Devi Sita who was inconsolable with the extreme grief of separation from Prabhu, spoke amiably “Oh! Mother, Lord Rama and his brother Lakshman are doing well. The Kripanidhi is extremely grieving over the separation from you. Oh! Janani, kindly stop worrying, Prabhu has a lot of affection and love for you, even more than that of you. Oh! Mother kindly listens to the message of Lord Raghurama.” Hanuman could not speak, his eyes welled up, and voice cracked due to sudden rush of emotions.


No comments:

Post a Comment