Friday, November 12, 2021

Sri Ramacharitha Manas – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Lanka Kanda – Ravana self-praising the might of his arms to Angadha

 


Chapter - 25– Sri Ramacharitha Manas – Lanka Kanda – Ravana self-praising the might of his arms to Angadha

 

Angadha speaks “Oh! Ravana, listen to me, I am ashamed to tell you this, one Ravana was caught up under the armpit of mighty Vali. Oh! Dhashanan, do not get angry, tell me which one was that you?” Ravana was blazing with rage spoke “Oh! Fool, I am the Ravana whose mighty arms lifted the Mount Kailash, the abode of Lord Shambhu and offered my heads in the sacrificial fire during my penance praying to Lord Shambhu, I was courageous enough to pluck my lotus like heads one by one and offered to Lord Shambhu/Tripurari. Oh! Fool, the might of my arms are well known in the eight quarters, the strength of my chest is familiar to the elephants of eight quarters, its fierce tusks failed to cause injuries on my chest when I walk the Earth quivers like the elephant entered into the ferry, I am that same Ravana who is famous for his might all over the world, I am certain you haven’t heard of them all.”

 

Yek Kahatha Mohi Sakucha Athi Raha Bali Ki Kankha | Inha Mahau Ravana Thai Kavana Sathya Badhahi Thaji Makha ||

Sunu Sad Soyi Ravana Balaseela | Haragiri Jan Jasu Bhuja leela || Jana Umapathi Jasu  Surayi | Poojeau Jehi Sira Sumana Chadayi || Sira Saroja Nija Karanhi Uthari | Poojeau Amitha Bara Thripurari || Bhuja Bikrama Janahi Dhigpala | Sada Ajahu Jinha Ke Ura  Sala|| Janahi Dhiggaja Ura Kadinayi | Jab Jab Birau Jayi Bariayi || Jinha Ke  Dhasana Karala Na Phoote | Ura Lagatha Moolaka Iva  Toote || Jasu Chalatha Dolathi Imi Dharani | Chadatha Maththagaja Jimi Laghutharani || Soyi Ravana Jaga Bidhitha Prathapi | Sunehi Na Shravana Aaleeka Pralapi ||

No comments:

Post a Comment