Saturday, April 4, 2020




||Sri Ram Jayram Jaya Jaya Ram||


Chapter – 6 – Dhoha – 5


Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “I shall prostrate before all those eighty-four lakh kinds of creatures on this Earth,  which is derived from 1) The Maithunashrishti/produced by physical relationship,/humans and animals, 2) The creatures that were born from the egg, 3) The various types of bacteria born from the sweats,  4) The creatures born from the sands/trees, plants and shrubs, and these four types of creatures’ lives on the water, air, and Earth.   I shall prostrate before all those creatures and the all-pervasive nature of Rama/Ramayamayam in it. Oh! Kripanidhe, kindly shower your grace upon me, kindly consider me as your sincere servant and shower your compassion upon me. I have no trust in my intellect, I am making a humble effort to describe the virtue of Raghupathi Lord Rama, but my mind and intellect is incapable to understand the splendor of Rama whose glories are endless. Even though my intellect and mind is poor, my desire to narrate the virtues of Rama is uncontrollable, I am yearning to taste that nectar-like his splendor, but I am not even deserved to taste the buttermilk.  Therefore, I earnestly request my listeners to forgive my childish words, and listen to it carefully, like the parents of the infant listens to its unclear words with extreme happiness and curiosity.  The hard-hearted, helpless natured, wicked people and people who soaked in worldly matters would pass sarcastic comments on it, at last, who does not love their own creation of poetries? The virtuous people take immense pleasure in the scriptures and related works are rare.  The people are swollen with pride in their richness and wealth like the river breaks its boundaries when it is brimming with water.  There are saintly men who express their extreme happiness, like the waves, gets excited during the night of the full moon.”



Tulsidas Maharaj continues “ I am not a fortunate one, but my Mahathvakamsha is indescribable, I expect that the virtuous souls will get pleased to read my work. The wicked people will pass derisive comment on it, I will consider their laugh as favorable to me, like the crow criticize the sounds of Cuckoo, the pelican laughs sarcastically at Swan, and the frogs laughs at bird Chathaka.  The wicked natured people laugh at the purest forms of speeches, people who have no interest in poetry, or devotion at the feet of Lord Rama, my work will remain a laughing stock to them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment